TileBoard - New dashboard for Homeassistant

No. With latest update it should refresh the token without any problems

Even a basic rainbow slider under color temp would be a win for the moment. Or the way Home Panel handles it as a popup overlay would be cool. Although a color wheel would be an improvement over their dot design.

1 Like

Personally I always felt that changing colour is a bit gimmicky. Adjusting colour temperature and brightness is OK but switching from green to pink to red just does not feel natural.

Also, I genuinely have very little time to implement something like this at the moment.

Agreed that it is gimmicky for a single light bulb, although my front porch light is a color changing one which we use when having a pizza delivered. My thinking is more for strip lights used outside. I have a number of Flux light controllers and change the colors based on seasons and holidays.

2 Likes

I will try to do it. Thanks.

Does this example still work? I’m new to TileBoard and trying to get the slider to appear on the TYPES.LIGHT type. I get a +/- control but no slider and can tap the tile to turn the light on and off but the slider doesn’t appear to render. I’m using the MOBILE template in case that has something to do with it. What am I missing?

Sliders appear on a long press on the tile and have a separate configuration.

Thank you! I missed that link in the documentation. Really cool stuff!

I’m noticing one other behavior and I’m not sure whats going on. When I click on the light tile, the light turns on however the tile state does NOT update to show that it’s on until I tap it a second time. Tapping the tile a second time updates its state and the light remains on. When I tap the tile a third time it turns the light off and updates the tile status to off.

Very strange. All we do is show the state which we are getting via websocket.

Hi!

Just did a git pull on TileBoard before reading changes. The “big one” was the use of the new auth. system in HA. I have an iPad 4 with latest supported iOS 10.3.3, that I’ve been using for TileBoard. Now this iPad is unable to log into HomeAssistant, and rendering TileBoard unavailable. Is it possible to get back the config for using the old API password? I am running TileBoard in a separate nginx docker container with no access to the outside world, so I was happy entering the password in config.js in clear text :slight_smile:

Yes, most likely, HA will remove the API password all together, but until then, it would be nice to be able to use my old iPad :+1:

With the new HASS you can issue a long-lived access token. You can use it and hack tileboard a little to have everything working as it was before, here is my hack:

It looks like this is not really needed. After latest update tokens are being refreshed just fine (at least on 4 of my devices).

It still requires you to log in at least once with HASS (and every time refresh token expires). If you cannot do that for some reason, refreshing tokens doesn’t helps.

I thought that refresh token does not expire. If it does, we might think of actually integrating some of your hack into our code :slight_smile:

It can be revoked, not expired (my mistake) https://developers.home-assistant.io/docs/en/auth_api.html#revoking-a-refresh-token

Anyway that still doesn’t solve the problem of not being able to log in the first time.

What could be a problem entering credentials first time?

@vegard why you are unable to login on your old iPad?

For me, I have different security layer, and I just don’t want to use it - especially because my device is cleaning browser cache.

In such case we could add a hack and read token from CONFIG variable, but i would keep it undocumented. A lot of users did not read README and Wiki and exposed passwords in plain text on github.

CONFIG.authToken ?

Thank you @mariuszluciow for your proposed solution, however I keep getting a “system error” in Safari. Tried turning on debug, but it hadn’t any effect.
The passwordType is no longer needed, correct? Only password?
TileBoard works fine running on my computer (with this “hack” as well), this only affects the iPad as far as I can see.

What is the version of iOS? neither passwordType nor password are required.