Time based automations running late

Hello, for the last several days my automations have been running but not at exactly the configured time. I have several that are set to run on the hour though they have been triggering anywhere from 4-39 minutes after the configured trigger time.

In reviewing logbook they are being noted as running late so I do not believe it is a system clock issue.

I’m running a VirtualBox instance on Ubuntu. See photos from log book showing inconsistency.

Any ideas on where to look and what might be the issue? I’m running latest updates. Thanks!

Can you post the config of one of these automations?

Sure, please see below. Very basic one that should turn on my aquarium light at 9am:

alias: 'Timers: 0900'
description: ''
trigger:
  - at: '09:00:00'
    platform: time
condition: []
action:
  - device_id: removed-this-after-paste
    domain: switch
    entity_id: switch.ledvance_plug_28f41000_on_off
    type: turn_on
mode: single

Can anyone provide info on how I can validate the system time, as seen on Home Assistant? I’m trying to validate that this is not an issue with the clock. Thanks.

Well, I’m still not entirely sure of the “issue” that caused this as removing a recent integration did not change anything but I was able to resolve the issue by re-saving all of my automations. I noted that when I went into the GUI for my timed automations I was offered a “save” button, which usually only appears if I make an edit. When I “re-saved” all of my time based automations they now run on time.

I did note that there is some discrepancy in how the "at: " value is saved in YAML. Some save it with single quotes for the time value, some without any quotes, though in the docs it shows them with double quotes. I’m guessing it’s relatively moot, but still a bit odd…