Time_Zone Error when configuring Raspberry Home Assistant

Hello Everyone, I’m approaching on this new world and I’m trying to configure Home Assistant on Raspberry Pi3 , but when I’m try to configure the time zone , I have the error : not a valid value for dictionary value @ data[‘time_zone’]. Got ‘Europe/Rome’ ; the button “next” does not work. Could you help me ? Many Thanks!

I have exactly the same issue, also new, also on Raspberry Pi3 using the default system from Raspberry Pi Imager. My error is :

not a valid value for dictionary value @ data[‘time_zone’]. Got ‘Europe/London’

It doesn’t matter what country I pick, the same error appears and I can’t proceed.

Just to add – tried re-imaging, reinstalling, different sd card, different browsers/computers/phone, using IP or homeassistant.local, and none of these make a difference.

Same for me. Raspberry Pi 3, used the Raspberry Pi Imaging to pull the HAOS image file and install it from there. People say you need to install tzdata, but how would I do that without SSH access? …

See:

Same problem for me ( haos_rpi3-64-11.2.img.xz ) !!!

i’ve install tzdata inside the container homeassistant and the supervisor but nothing change.

In the HA OS i can’t found how to install it ! I dont’t find python or apt or apk etc it seem to be very limited !!!

Same for ssh i’ve tryed the procedure to enable it with the authorized_key file but the package is not installed :sweat_smile: so i need to have screen and keyboard directly on my raspberry :roll_eyes:

i’ve try also the other metod with manual install but with debian 12 i’ve somes errors again :sob::disappointed_relieved:

with the version haos_rpi3-64-11.3.rc2.img.xz i don’t have this issue !!!

1 Like

Where did you get that image? When I google for it, there’s 2 hits, 1 of which is this thread.

argh, it’s here: Release Home Assistant OS 11.3.rc2 · home-assistant/operating-system · GitHub

I can confirm that haos_rpi3-64-11.3.rc2.img.xz works on my Pi3, fresh install. The initial setup dialog seems to have changed.