Installation - HA OS fresh install on rpi can't get past country selection

Hi,

I’m installing HA OS on my rpi 4, following the steps found here Raspberry Pi - Home Assistant
The installation goes fine and I can reach HA at homeassistant.local from my laptop browser, but the onboarding returns an error when selecting a country or location:

Invalid time zone passed in. Valid options can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones for dictionary value @ data['time_zone']. Got 'Etc/Unknown'

Screenshot from 2023-12-29 22-13-51

I found some similar topics such as Time Zone Error while installing, need help but they all pertain to installations of HA Core and the solution revolves around the host OS not having the apropriate package, which isn’t the case here

I’m not sure how to get more information about the issue, the UI isn’t very verbose.
I managed to setup ssh to the HA host on port 22222 but it’s not normal bash so not sure what to look for.

Here’s ha os info:

board: rpi4-64
boot: A
data_disk: SN64G-0xff9a524b
update_available: false
version: "11.2"
version_latest: "11.2"

I’ve tried reflashing the SF card 2 more times, even reinstalling rpi-imager from a different source, but the issue persists.

Have you tried entering “US” as the country code?

Yeah this issue happens with any location or country, always the same error of it getting Etc/Unknown

Ok I solved the issue, it was a problem not with HA OS but with Chrome Browser returning the invalid timezone in the onboarding UI’s Javascript. I was able to get past that step in the setup process by using Firefox.