Tmall Genie Integration?

Recently I bought a LED lamp with Bluetooth integration and a remote control to dim or change the light color. To use this lamp with my smartphone I had to download and install the Tmall Genie App, a lovely application only in Chinese. The Tuya SmartLife app recognized the light too, but couldn’t connect.

Did somebody discover how to integrate such lights into home assistant? It would be great to use the dimming function directly in home assistant instead of a new app that only works in Chinese language.

I’m also interested in this as I have the same device as you! Are you certain that remote is bluetooth based and not RF?

I have taken apart the remote control and this is the component inside. Anyone knows what kind of tech is this? BT, RF or something else?

I don’t know, was expecting BT as there is a Bluetooth device available and the remote control looks like being a BT remote control.

@ChrizZz90 any luck controlling the light? I have the same type of controller in my lamp and I would like to integrate it to HA. Thanks!

HELLO,i have same CEILING FAN ,ble connection,tuya recognized the BLE but not BIND.
HOME ASSISTANT never see the BLE .

The MCU is TG7111B maded by TMALL GENIE + AliExpress cloud

Here more info
https://help.aliyun.com/document_detail/383939.html

Hello, for what it’s worth, I have sniffed bluetooth LE packet using Wireshark and a nrf52840 MDK USB dongle.
I can provide two pcap captures the first to switch on light from an android phone and the other one to switch on light from the remote (I have the same as @jumble5, I have a ceiling fan too)

I don’t know anything about bluetooth LE protocol stack, but I hope this could help to analyze what’s is going on here.

Hello, here are some new details.

I had sniffed Bluetooth LE data from the ceiling fan remote to switch on and switch off the light.

Frame length is 58 bytes, the company id is 0x09f9 (Hangzhou Yaguan Technology Co. LTD), but the payload changes every time (even when order is the same as the previous one)

I don’t know how to go further, because I don’t have any Bluetooth LE knowledge.