Toshiba home AC control

It works!

I have created a PR with fix for HA update.

When adding the integration, fields for user name and password doesn’t have any names so user have to guess what to type in.

Also, I wonder if we need Toshiba-AC-control as submodule. It’s already installed by HA from requirements list:

"requirements": [
    "azure-iot-device",
    "httpx",
    "toshiba_ac @ git+https://github.com/KaSroka/Toshiba-AC-control.git#egg=toshiba_ac"
  ],

I’ve made a simple fix in Toshiba-AC-control with temperature state (None was reported by error), but as Toshiba-AC-control is installed by HA I don’t know how to force its update, any idea?

Today I’m a bit busy but I’ll try to add parsing for other state informations, especially current temperature tomorrow.

1 Like

yes - the submodule can be removed, I just had it for debugging.

usually it should be enough to restart home-assistant to get the newer version.

great - i’ll have a look at it tomorrow as well then.

Cool! Just tested and it worked fine also for me :+1:

Well done, @kamaloo92 and @h4de5

I tried to follow, but I’m a bit lost here. Can somebody tell me what to download and install as custom component?

Thanks!

@yodi thanks!
@haseat you should use this as custom component: GitHub - h4de5/home-assistant-toshiba_ac: Toshiba AC integration into home-assistant.io please remember that this is still a work in progress and may not work/break your HA

Question to Toshiba HVAC owners:
What’s your min and max temperature? Mine goes from 17 to 30 and for others it returns invalid. Is this for all Toshiba HVAC?

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I installed it, and it works fine! And I’m happy to be a beta tester :wink:

In my Toshiba Home AC Control app I can set the temperature from 17 to 30. If I set it to anything lower than 17 in home assistant via your integration, it just jumps back to the last valid value (checked in the Toshiba app). If I set it to anything above 32 in home assistant, it will not change the value in the Toshiba app, it just stays at the last valid value, but in home assistant it will stay to whereever I set it.

If I can anything to help you with testing, please let me know.

Mine are also min/Max 17-30

Bonjour

Mine are also min / Max : 17 / 30

I added a minimum and maximum boundary of 17 and 30°C now.

To install the integration you can now just download the latest release zip file, and extract the containing folder into your custom_components directory: Releases · h4de5/home-assistant-toshiba_ac · GitHub

1 Like

@h4de5 @kamaloo92 do you have a buymeacoffee page? I’d really love to buy you one :blush:

2 Likes

I have updated the library with many missing options - mainly timers are missing, other stuff should be working.

Hello everyone,
(sorry for my english - thanks google translate) already congratulations on the plugin it works BUT I have 7 wifi modules to install but I only see one on the home assistant application, any ideas?

It was not tested with more than one AC probably.

@haseat nope :frowning:

@h4de5 I tried integrating my latest changes with HA code but for some reason Toshiba-AC-control is not being updated. Any idea what can I do about this? Sorted this out.

I have created PR to HA integration with latest changes.

The latest release 2021.8.3 does not work for me. Going back to 2021.8.2. for now :slightly_smiling_face:

Logger: homeassistant.components.climate
Source: custom_components/toshiba_ac/climate.py:188
Integration: Climate (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 5:47:48 AM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 5:47:48 AM

Error adding entities for domain climate with platform toshiba_ac
Error while setting up toshiba_ac platform for climate
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 382, in async_add_entities
    await asyncio.gather(*tasks)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 587, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.add_to_platform_finish()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 711, in add_to_platform_finish
    self.async_write_ha_state()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 464, in async_write_ha_state
    self._async_write_ha_state()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 500, in _async_write_ha_state
    attr.update(self.state_attributes or {})
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/climate/__init__.py", line 261, in state_attributes
    self.current_temperature,
  File "/config/custom_components/toshiba_ac/climate.py", line 188, in current_temperature
    return self._device.ac_indoor_temperature
AttributeError: 'ToshibaAcDevice' object has no attribute 'ac_indoor_temperature'

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: homeassistant
Source: custom_components/toshiba_ac/climate.py:188
Integration: Toshiba AC (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 5:47:48 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 5:47:48 AM

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 451, in async_update_ha_state
    self._async_write_ha_state()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 500, in _async_write_ha_state
    attr.update(self.state_attributes or {})
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/climate/__init__.py", line 261, in state_attributes
    self.current_temperature,
  File "/config/custom_components/toshiba_ac/climate.py", line 188, in current_temperature
    return self._device.ac_indoor_temperature
AttributeError: 'ToshibaAcDevice' object has no attribute 'ac_indoor_temperature'

it seems it did not update the dependend toshiba control python lib, because the requirement string did not change.

how do you run HA? in case its some docker related setup, can you try to start from an fresh docker container? otherwise you may find a way to wipe the installed python packages used in HA.

i think this can only be fixed when we start to use proper versions in the requirements.

I’m running a supervised installation on a Raspberry Pi 4. Unfortunately I don’t know enough to tinker with docker, I’m happy that it’s running flawlessly :rofl: (when I set it up 2 years ago I had no idea what I was doing, I just followed some random guide I found online). I’ve been wanting to switch over to HA OS for a long time, I guess it’s time to get myself a HA Blue now …

@haseat Integration now uses pypi version of toshiba-ac - this should resolve any problems with toshiba-ac version. If it fails for you with latest integration version you will have to manually remove toshiba-ac package (just this time). To do this in supervised installation:

• Connect to your supervisor console, you should be greeted with HA banner and ha > prompt
  • Run login, prompt should change to #
  • Run docker exec -it homeassistant /bin/bash, prompt should change to bash-5.1# or something similar
  • Run pip uninstall toshiba-ac
  • Restart ha core
1 Like

@m2k93 Can you please check with latest integration version (2021.8.5, you may need to manually remove old version of toshiba-ac as described in comment above)?
In this version you can enable logging for toshiba-ac module by adding this to your configuration.yaml:

logger:
  default: warning
  logs:
    # log level toshiba-ac
    toshiba_ac: debug

This will enable debug logs for toshiba-ac library. After reboot in HA logs you should see logs similar to this one:

2021-08-26 12:48:41 DEBUG (MainThread) [toshiba_ac.device_manager] Found devices: [ToshibaAcDeviceInfo(ac_id='xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx', ac_unique_id='xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx', ac_name='<name>'), ToshibaAcDeviceInfo(ac_id='xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx', ac_unique_id='xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx', ac_name='<name>'), ...]

It should include all your ACs. Please check if ac_unique_id for each device is truly unique (toshiba-ac assumes that it’s unique) and let me know in this thread or in this issue: https://github.com/KaSroka/Toshiba-AC-control/issues/2

Everything works fine now, no manual work was needed :+1:.

1 Like

I can’t wait to come back from vacation to test this :blush: