Toshiba home AC control

is there someone having multiple ac units under the same account and is able and willing to test out some things?
it seems currently the integration only lists one device and we would like to figure out why.

Sure I have 3 in 1 account, what do we need to test ?

I’ve gathered this information for you and posted it on github, if you need more, please let me know

2 Likes

@Antiloop thanks for your input! This helped us to resolve problem with multiple devices.

@h4de5 ah yes, device_id that was used is id of controlling device (HA in this case, used as user name for AMQP) and not AC. This value is currently generated from user name and some hard-coded “random” value. It will be better to have this replaced with ID that’s generated and constant for given HA instance. Can HA provide something like this to integration? If yes, I’ll add required API in toshiba-ac.

All 3 units are recognized now, thanks!

2 Likes

2 practical things I’ve noticed:
When pressing power button it turns off, when pressing again it does not turn on AC
The WAF describes it should :joy:

When AC is Turned off, you can not see which mode it is currently in, but perhaps this is a limitation of HA

Hello @kamaloo92 @h4de5

I tested the plugin

Sending and returning orders is responsive

To turn on the air conditioning unit, you have to choose a mode.
The power button turns off the unit only.

the colors and icons of the application Toshiba

There is no color when the “Ventilation Only” mode is activated

For special functions, the SILENT function of the outdoor unit is missing.

Console - RAS-B10J2FVG-E
Split Seiya - RAS-B07-B13-J2KVG-E
Unité extérieure - RAS-4M27U2AVG-E

thank you very much for testing.

i am not sure if you are familiar with other Home-Assistent Integrations, but it is usual to use a default card, like in this the climate, bridge the functionality over to the device and let user modify it using othe custom cards.

having said this: icons are HA default, same is (i think) the power button behaviour and the colors. the default silent mode should be available in the fan speed selection. special modes like pureion and eco etc. are not yet implemented.

thanks again and we will add your model to the supported list.

I can confirm that the power button behavior is the same for both my air conditions (Mitsubishi and Toshiba).

Please note, the indoor unit’s Quiet mode and the outdoor unit’s silent mode are two different modes

for colors and icons I don’t mind. :blush: very good plugin to use. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Bonjour
Did you find the special function “Silent CDU to reduce the outdoor unit noise level” ?

There is no color when the “Ventilation Only” mode is activated

@Didier3L silent mode for outdoor unit is supported by underlying toshiba-ac library, but it’s not yet exposed to HA.

When it comes to the colors - integration doesn’t control them, it’s controlled by HA and theme that you are using.

Thanks for your return.
Will this function be implemented soon?

at the moment I am working to support energy consumption sensors. other up coming featues and bug fixes are listed on github: Issues · h4de5/home-assistant-toshiba_ac · GitHub

Ok I opened a ticket on Github :wink:

Hello everyone,
I performed the test, the plugin works but each time I restart my HA the plugin is in unavailable status and this on any version

2021-09-02 12:19:50 WARNING (SyncWorker_4) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration toshiba_ac which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant

this is a default message from HA for all custom components. also the unavailability is probably due to the initial connect to the api.
does is switch to availabke after some time?

not at all, after 2 hours still unavailable.
and in the newspapers I have nothing at all

I just did a little test: when I deactivate the plugin and reactivate it it works correctly but I have to do it each time HA is restarted