Toshiba home AC control

Hi all
I don’t have yet the wifi module or the toshiba app. I would like to know if through the app and even better through HA if you are able to handle the blinds also (up down and left right). The way I am using it I need to be able to program different set up depending on the time of day
Thanks

Currently its only possible to set the blinds to still or vertically moving. so no direct positioning - even though the preset are available on the API, I could not make it work on my device. it may work on other devices, but I cannot guarantee that.

1 Like

I would love to have a switch in HA for the merit_a feature: HEATING_8C.
I mainly use my garage unit on the HEATING_8C setting (set to 12C) to prevent pipes from freezing and keep the area dry. Being able to temporarily go full-blast if moisture climbs too high would be great, but since it’s set to HEATING_8C it currently seems to cap out at 13C. Need to switch the merit feature off in order to go higher than that :confused:

there have been some updates on the integration:

• fixed the energy consumption error message on newer HA instances
  • updated to the latest toshiba API version, hopefully fixing some connection issues and rare error cases
  • there is a full list of swing settings now - again, this might not work on all devices, even if they support it in the device
  • the 8C heating is limited to 13°C

any particular reason I cant login at all? ive tried 3 accounts in total on two different devices. one was accidental and another was freshly created, ive tried the “password changing trick” with nothing, does it matter if my HA is not running https?

https on HA should not be required. does your account work on the linked apps from toshiba? did it work before the latest update?

i have no issue using the official Toshiba app on my phone. I’ve had the addon installed for about a week or two trying multiple times over the period to login with no luck. i figured just giving it a little time maybe, was really laggy to start, wouldn’t deny my logins exaclty, just took forever? now about 2 days ago the logins seem to be going through but im just met with “Invalid authentication”. ive changed passswords, tried another account, created a new one, no luck so far. thanks

Are the firmware of your Wifi modules up to date? What is the version?
3.3.01 ?

Which official Toshiba app are you using?

I know it’s not on the approved list but has anyone tried to use Toshiba Shorai Edge? Just getting quotes for install and would like one that’s supported.

Just tried to install this integration, all my 3x Signatur 35 units appeared at first try - no issues at all.

Power off works, but I need to select a mode to power it on - not a big deal.

The main issue is the temperature control. In the Toshiba app I can select everything between 5deg and 30deg, but in this integration it seems like I’m stuck with a 8-13deg range and a 17-30deg range.

How can I set a temperature of 14-16deg, and does it need to be separate ranges like this? How can I select the range from HA?

Anyway, thank you for an amazing effort making this integration. I’m happy to dig out some more info about my units of that’s of any help!

invalid authentication

Product name: Toshiba Portable Air Conditioner
Indoor/outdoor unit: RAC-PD1013CWRU
Wifi: built-in

This Toshiba Portable Air Conditioner has built-in Wifi and work with the Toshiba AC NA app. I try to add to this unit into the toshiba AC integration , it give me “invalid authentication” error during the login process.
I know this module is not in the support list, can you please add support to this?

I am sorry - the integration currently only supports accounts made with the app: “Toshiba Home AC Control” - which is also an toshiba app.
“Toshiba AC NA” seems to be made by a different company.

maybe try search hacs for github for a proper integration - e.g. GitHub - mac-zhou/midea-ac-py: Home Assistant Custom Integration for Midea Group(Hualing, Senville, Klimaire, AirCon, Century, Pridiom, Thermocore, Comfee, Toshiba, Carrier, Goodman, Friedrich, Samsung, Kenmore, Trane, Lennox, LG and much more) Air Conditioners via LAN.

Is there even an iOS app from Toshiba for their AC’s?

Toshiba Home AC Control

Not available in the US for the iphone. Also, according to Toshiba (Midea), the Toshiba AC NA app is the official one in the US for their AC’s. You can even see it in their marketing materials.

unfortunatelly I do not have access to their app source, nor know how they communicate with your AC. the only thing we have, is listed above.

Hello,

Thanks for this great works, it is perfect and works for me.
One question: Any idea how to only get the information for the temperature please?

Thanks.
Florent

if you want the current temperature as single entity you need to create a new template sensor:
see: Template - Home Assistant

sensor:
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      climate_current_temp:
        friendly_name: Current Climate Temperature
        icon_template: mdi:home-thermometer-outline
        device_class: temperature
        unit_of_measurement: '°C'
        value_template: >-
          {{ state_attr('climate.YOUR_AC_ENTITYID', 'current_temperature') }}
1 Like

2022.6.14 version breaks my setup, reverted to 2022.4.1 and everything works again