Tp link ks220m smart swich with motion and light sensors support

I have only had this switch for a couple of months. However, have you confirmed that the motion sensor doesn’t turn the light on right after restoring power? Also, are you doing this during the daytime where the ambient light sensor is not being used vs in the middle of the night?

My switch in the Kasa app shows a Hardware version of 1.0 and a Firmware version of 1.0.8.

I did do the test late at night, but I’ve tried again and yes it does seem the sensor is instantly activated upon power being restored. I don’t think I tested to see if the Smart Controls were still in place, but it seems they are not for a short amount of time which can lead the light to turn itself on.

OK, so yeah, this goes back to the lack of local control and the switch actually maintaining it’s state. Obviously the smart controls that will disable the motion sensor are not actually retained within the switch and require the cloud to keep it running that way.

Yep seems so. Quite disappointing to be honest.

If it was available I would have considered giving the CloudFree motion switch a try.

1 Like

Another request for full HA functionality. This sensor has motion and lux capability, please add this!

Would love to see this supported. I currently have three switches, one of which, I need customizability in HA rather than the Kasa app.

1 Like

+1 Made an account to bump this topic.

Adding my voice as well. The motion and lux sensors would make this the perfect switch!

2 Likes

This would definitely be a great feature, I see my shop on after power outages and would also like better fine tuned control and motion detection alerts I am not around in HA.

Is the limitation that the sensor and lux are not shown in the local API?

1 Like

bump!
i just bought one. wish motion was exposed.

just submitted github issue

At least bulbs allow configuring the default behavior after hard power off (with the app, or using python-kasa git master since Implement changing the bulb turn-on behavior by rytilahti · Pull Request #381 · python-kasa/python-kasa · GitHub), if that helps…

I just created the API based on information gathered from KS220M(US) support · Issue #268 · python-kasa/python-kasa · GitHub and I’m not sure if it’s complete or not, but a couple of notes:

• Motion does not expose the motion state but merely allows configuring its behavior (range, enabled or not)
  • Ambient sensor allows reading the state, so adding a sensor for it would be doable

If someone wants to work on implementing new features to the integration, I can try to help by giving hints here and there but I don’t currently have time to tinker with it myself. Adding new sensors should be straightforward just by modifying core/sensor.py at 7f90fb1cd1c83128cdb6552845dbbfdd434671d2 · home-assistant/core · GitHub to see if the module is available and adding an entity for it.

1 Like

Any way we could get a bounty on this? Together we could probably crowd fund it!

Hate to thread jack but can you schedule the motion sensor? I’d like to put one in the bedroom, but need to have it not come on when we sleep.

I’m assuming your setting it to manual mode in HA and not some proprietary software bit?

I am super bummed that nobody has even made an attempt to acknowledge this request. I have seen requests with less votes get addressed that get more attention than this. The product good solution for a function that is not really supplied by any other product.

3 Likes

Just installed ES20M switch in the garage. Would be great to have motion sensor support inside HA.

3 Likes

For the time being you can use the Kasa app to create motion schedule under “smart control”

open kasa app> click on your motion switch> bottom left icon is “smart control”>

set one time period for motion, and another for manual only

Has anyone tried Nexete motion switch? You can link it through Tuya, and if you use the localtuya addon you may be able to access all the settings.

I bought a UME smart motion security light which uses Tuya, and in HA it only imported with on/off toggle, but under localtuya I was able to add all the configurable settings which allowed for great automation control. I’m wondering if it’d be the same with the Nexete.