Tradfri update, needs change in HA?

Is this : https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/10252 … the reason why my tradfri isnt working anymore ? I had to reboot my gateway (power lose ) and it updated automaticly , now I cant get it to work anymore. I am on 0.56.2 . I am away of the issue with aiocoap. That didnt work eiher ( it did work before)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 191, in _async_setup_component
    result = yield from component.async_setup(hass, processed_config)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/tradfri.py", line 111, in async_setup
    allow_tradfri_groups))
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/tradfri.py", line 125, in _setup_gateway
    api = yield from api_factory(host, key, loop=hass.loop)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pytradfri/api/aiocoap_api.py", line 152, in api_factory
    yield from request(Command('get', ['status']))
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pytradfri/api/aiocoap_api.py", line 117, in request
    result = yield from _execute(api_commands)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pytradfri/api/aiocoap_api.py", line 109, in _execute
    api_command.result = _process_output(res, parse_json)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pytradfri/api/aiocoap_api.py", line 176, in _process_output
    return json.loads(output)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/json/__init__.py", line 354, in loads
    return _default_decoder.decode(s)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/json/decoder.py", line 339, in decode
    obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/json/decoder.py", line 357, in raw_decode
    raise JSONDecodeError("Expecting value", s, err.value) from None
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)```

sorry, had to do some better google searching:

This has broken my TRÅDFRI integration too :frowning:

For all people with TRADFRI:

Add a URL filter for fw.ota.homesmart.ikea.net into your router
Or even better: block all internet traffic from gw device in your firewall. This way the update will not be applied.

Update can be applied when issue is fixed in HA.

to late for me and some others I saw :tired_face:

Missed the opportunity to block the GW, Only just noticed the issue when my wife tried to turn on the lights as it’s getting dark here in the UK… I am not going to be popular when I get home lol… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You still can use the Ikea APP or the (old fashion) remote :smile:

… from the security point of view, let this be a wakeup call for the ones not FULLY cautious with “automatic updates” , as me in this case … :frowning:
will there be a fix in the next days ? …

i missed blocking the update, too. but according to this tip by @hanpal i managed to revert the update:

This should work if your gateway has been accidentally updated before a new pytradfri version has been released:

1. Block internet access to the gateway
  2. Perform factory reset. The gateway then reverts to a pre-stored version (the one available when it was manufactured). The gateway will try to update to the latest version after factory reset but this will be prohibited according to 1.

Will the reset result in the loss of groups and names? Cheers!

yes. after the factory reset, all settings are reset, too.

(correction; hard reset seems not to lose the settings, according to @Hefford27 Tradfri update, needs change in HA?)

Yup. Can confirm. Great!

Also affected by the ikea update. No control with Ha55.1

Indeed. Lost control since yesterday. Still have the IKEA remotes and actual switches in place though :slight_smile:

Yesterday evening I got the update too, while I was reading this tread…
Will be restoring to factory defaults this evening, as explained by @hanpal

I have just blocked the Gateway on my router and reset just the Gateway using the reset pin.

The Gateway has now reverted back to version 1.0.008.

All my lights (have 28 of them), did not have to be re-added, it kept all my settings :slight_smile:

1 Like

did you pull the power , hold reset and put power back or just pushed reset with the power on ?

Hi i just pushed the reset with the power on, let it restart, then restarted HA and everything is good.

Just like lutron did a few weeks ago - looks like there is a close fix for caseta coming, but an auto update to the hub bricked everything that wasn’t officially official.

At least ikea hub rolls back fw!!

As TRADFRI is workijng already with the PYTRADFRI , when should it be expected to be working in HA again ?

1 Like

I can see that they are working on it.