Tradfri update, needs change in HA?

… from the security point of view, let this be a wakeup call for the ones not FULLY cautious with “automatic updates” , as me in this case … :frowning:
will there be a fix in the next days ? …

i missed blocking the update, too. but according to this tip by @hanpal i managed to revert the update:

This should work if your gateway has been accidentally updated before a new pytradfri version has been released:

1. Block internet access to the gateway
  2. Perform factory reset. The gateway then reverts to a pre-stored version (the one available when it was manufactured). The gateway will try to update to the latest version after factory reset but this will be prohibited according to 1.

Will the reset result in the loss of groups and names? Cheers!

yes. after the factory reset, all settings are reset, too.

(correction; hard reset seems not to lose the settings, according to @Hefford27 Tradfri update, needs change in HA?)

Yup. Can confirm. Great!

Also affected by the ikea update. No control with Ha55.1

Indeed. Lost control since yesterday. Still have the IKEA remotes and actual switches in place though :slight_smile:

Yesterday evening I got the update too, while I was reading this tread…
Will be restoring to factory defaults this evening, as explained by @hanpal

I have just blocked the Gateway on my router and reset just the Gateway using the reset pin.

The Gateway has now reverted back to version 1.0.008.

All my lights (have 28 of them), did not have to be re-added, it kept all my settings :slight_smile:

1 Like

did you pull the power , hold reset and put power back or just pushed reset with the power on ?

Hi i just pushed the reset with the power on, let it restart, then restarted HA and everything is good.

Just like lutron did a few weeks ago - looks like there is a close fix for caseta coming, but an auto update to the hub bricked everything that wasn’t officially official.

At least ikea hub rolls back fw!!

As TRADFRI is workijng already with the PYTRADFRI , when should it be expected to be working in HA again ?

1 Like

I can see that they are working on it.

This weekend: https://twitter.com/home_assistant/status/925820079719309312

Sweet!
Everybody who contributed: You all Rock!!

Yes, finally tradfri is working again ! Thanks guys !!

Only one minor issue :

The individual lamp sliders should have a maximum of 254 brightness. At 255 nothing happens.
I changed my input sliders to max 254 and everything is ok with my own sliders except the build in sliders

PR raised here to resolve this issue:

1 Like

So much breakage every time hass upgrades, im still on 55. It’s getting out of hand.

This is open source delivered on a voluntary basis. Please feel free to contribute if you want the project to move forward in the way you expect!

5 Likes