⏱ Trigger - Run ON Timer

New update 1.5

New Feature :new:

• HA Restart If not using a timer helper then the automation will try and restart to then turn your entities OFF.

Bugs Fixes :bug:

• Fixed a bug not allowing multiple entities as a selection.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

1 Like

New update 1.6

:warning: This is a full redesign and will break your existing automation. We have also changed the name so you can keep your exiting automation and just use the import blueprint button at the top and try it out.

New Feature :new:

• Name Change - To align with my other blueprint and hopefully for better understanding of the blueprint.
  • Triggers - You can now have 4 different triggers with 4 different run times for your entities in the one blueprint. No need to have multiple automations for different times.
  • Time Input - Removed time sliders to keep the blueprint clean now having 4 time selections.
  • Entities - You can now have any entity domain.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

1 Like

Installed and seems to work as it should :slight_smile:
Thanks !

Thought you would like it. You noticed the update it quickly. I used it for a few weeks now with the timer helper and it has been working well. Finally had time to push it out.

Blacky :smiley:

2 Likes

Installed and working perfect.
Is it possible to add “sun” condition or any other conditions?
Thanks!

@Kervanoglu

Could you provide a use case for this.

Have you also looked at my :gear: Turn Light, Switch or Scene On & Off with Trigger Conditions blueprint. You can define a time and add any condition you like.

I would like to trigger garage ceiling lamps when garage door button pressed.
Lights should turn off after 10 mins and automation should work only before sunrise and after sunset.

Shelly relay is connected to my garage door opener and when I press the button it turns on for 0.05 seconds then switch back to off position. This is why I cannot use your other automation. Light is turning on for only 0.05 seconds then turns back to off position.

I need to trigger light with only on command from shelly relay and stay on for selected duration.

@Kervanoglu … I will PM you.

how do i import this blueprint?
i’m getting

Invalid blueprint: extra keys not allowed @ data['blueprint']['input']['timer_helper']['selector']['filter']. Got None

Not very helpful error message to me :frowning:

@kakbit

Hi Patric, Firstly welcome to the community… nice beard :+1:

They can be a bit tricky. Looks like you are on an older version of HA. Please update your Home Assistant and you should be good to go.

1 Like

Thank you!
Updating HA was the solution

1 Like

Hi Blacky

Love your Blueprints, I am using Sensor Light in the Whole house :smiley:

I want to ask you if you might be interestet in helping me, by maybe updating this blueprint (Run ON Timer), or maybe you have a much better idea on how to do it…

My usecase is:
I have some heattracing, on some piping, on the attic.
I also have an outdoor temp. sensor.
The idea is if the temp. fals to below 0 degress celsius, I need the timer to go on for maybe 5 minutes(adjustable), and then off, for maybe 1 hour(adjustable), turn on 5 min, and then off (you get the picture)…
This behavior should continue until the temp is above 0 degress celsius again.

I have made 2 timer helpers, an ON and a OFF timer

The trigger I could do with an automation on the side maybe, so your blueprint remain being a timer base. (I think I could make that with my limited skills, with a below or above trigger something :slight_smile: )

In short words, can you make this blueprint an option to go, on and off, as long as the trigger is high? With the use of timer helpers(would be bad if the heating never turned off due to reboot).

Would/could you in anyway help me, and maybe ad this posibility to the blueprint?

Best regardz Shorty

@Shortykiller

This is the blueprint that you would use.

:snowflake: Temperature Control Exhaust Fan - Inverted

If you would like more help then just PM me.

1 Like

@Blacky - how difficult would it be to add the bypasses you have in some of your other blueprints?

My scenario is I have a light and exhaust fan. I don’t always want the exhaust fan to turn on when the light is turned on. But if the exhaust fan is turned on, I want the timer to start when the light is turned off instead of right away.

Thanks!

@lcasale

Have a look at my :toilet: Toilet Exhaust Fan with time delay blueprint. This is all possible an more.

Let me know if this works for you.

hey @Blacky - I gave that a try but it doesn’t work quite the way I want it to. I don’t want to tie the trigger of turning the fan on with the light switch at all. Really what I’m looking to do is

• Start a timer to turn off the fan after the fan has been turned on
  • If the light is on while the fan is running, reset and pause the timer until the light is turned off and then resume the timer

I don’t think I can achieve that with the other blueprint since it’s designed around using the light (or motion) as a trigger

@lcasale

You can do this but not with my blueprints as it is realy a custom automation. If you are not sure how to do this then PM me with your entity ID’s for

• Fan
  • Light
  • Timer

What I need to control my MVHR fan boost in homeassistant, is to switch a Boost fan on when ANY bathroom light (upto 4 lights) turns on.

The Boost starts after a delay (5 min) and stays on while ANY light is on.

After ALL the lights have gone off then turn Boost off after another (20 min) delay

Also a manual boost on would be useful, as would your weekday selection!

Is there a version of one of your amazing blueprints that might achieve this?

Thanks
Fred

@Fastfreddy

Currently I don’t have a blueprint that would do this.

No worries, I’ve written an automation that does it :grinning:

1 Like