TTS using built in RPi3 analogue audio output with Hassio?

Sorry, I get…
Can’t install bestlibre/aarch64-mopidy:0.2.4 -> 404 Client Error: Not Found (“manifest for bestlibre/aarch64-mopidy:0.2.4 not found”).

1 Like

I think it is more about the 3.5mm speaker. That works for me.

i follow your instruction but i got errors - ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error executing service <ServiceCall tts.google_say (c:5dd076ee069e450e8499d3a899ec85e7): entity_id=[‘media_player.mpd’], message=Hello Brian, how are you today?>

this is funny. looks like google has banned the phrase “Hello Brian, how are you today?”. all my TTS commands work except this one :slight_smile:
i spent few hours to understand what is wrong in my setup

When I try to start the service on my hass.io instance it generates a 400 error (Bad Request) in my browser console and nothing happens. I’m not sure how to debug it from there. The install goes fine but I cannot start the service. Even if I - refresh, still generates a 400 error. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the service – no dice.

Nothing shows in the “Log” section of the add-on page, and nothing shows in the overall hass.io log on the information page.

Not sure it matters but in the add-on details it shows as 0.1.2 for some reason, on the github page, it says Mopidy is version 0.2.6.

I did this and when trying to install Mopidy (#4), the screen never changes. I noticed when looking at the System Log in hass.io that these messages were displayed:

19-03-11 14:02:32 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.addons.git] Clone add-on https://github.com/bestlibre/hassio-addons repository 19-03-11 14:02:34 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.addons] Load add-ons: 72 all - 19 new - 0 remove 19-03-11 14:02:43 INFO (SyncWorker_6) [hassio.docker.interface] Pull image bestlibre/armv7-mopidy tag 0.1.2. 19-03-11 14:02:45 ERROR (SyncWorker_6) [hassio.docker.interface] Can't install bestlibre/armv7-mopidy:0.1.2 -&gt; 404 Client Error: Not Found ("pull access denied for bestlibre/armv7-mopidy, repository does not exist or may require 'docker login'").

Access is apparently denied?

It is not working now. Could someone post new and working link please?

Also not working for me either, on Home Assistant 0.93.1.

Working for me.

Some security concerns, though, as the ports seemed to be publicly accessible.

This worked for me too together with some other helpful advice of other threads. I documented my whole process to get mopidy up and running with a step-by-step tutorial:

https://www.amalytix.com/en/home-assistant-with-conbee-ii-deconz-xiaomi-aqara-and-hass-io-from-scratch/#play-audio-1

Start working to me after configuration of both folders (/media and /playlists even i do not use them), mpd config w the folders and configuration.yaml file. Do not forget to cold reboot your Pi4, soft reboot does not seems effect too much… Now it streams radio and tells tts phrases (with various delays). i have not tried any mp3 playback yet.

But the Amazon TV stick stop working at the same time ((((

Thank you. I’m up and running as well. I posted here to see if we would be better served using gstreamer long term.

could you please tell me what service do you call? do you call google_say? Thanks

Hi There,

I setup TTS on my HA, but when I am giving the data as message: “Hello Friend”, then the speech converter is saying as " Hello percent 20 Friend"

Seems %20 is getting attached to the text. Can you please help me clear this out.

You must be running v0.113.2 or greater. This is a known bug introduced in that patch release.

Yes true. I am running on 0.113.2.

Is there any known fix for this bug ?

Is there a new 2021 solution to this. modipy is no longer in the add-ons

Doesn’t work… Any other solutions please?

mopidy is crashing once per day its enoying and tts doesnt work

I moved to MPD from this repo seems stable

1 Like