Tube's ZB Coordinators and Routers (was Zigbee router on steroids?)

Got it, thanks. I’ll got my router to reserve an IP for it, no biggie. Working really well!

2 Likes

Just wanted to think @tube0013 for the great product and support. I had a device with a bad ethernet port and after some troubleshooting he said he was just going to replace it at his expense. Replacement device has been running strong for a week now. My mesh hasn’t been better and I came from conbee/ZBBridge. So many lines!!!

1 Like

Not sure if this is the best place to ask the question… but here goes. I have a Tubes ZB coordinator and I am looking for a simple remote to use. I found these, but in the fine print it says it will only work with a Tuya Zigbee Hub?

Would appreciate some advice, and if these remotes are no good, perhaps there are other devices?

Working, see :

1 Like

Hi Francis… thank you that looks awesome👌

Have been experiencing some weird behavior with Zigbee. As I am new to using Zigbee and have a Tubes ZB coordinator, dont suppose there is some diagnostics I can run to try and trouble shoot what might be causing the movement sensor to disappear?

Here’s my post - click here

Any advice appreciated.

Anyone using the the CP2652 gateway having issues keeping sengled devices paired?
I have 3 bulbs and 2 lightstrips in separate locations that all become unavailable after a while. I simply cut the power and turn them back on, and they reconnect fine. I get similar issues with other devices but they are few and far between.

@code-in-progress, I believe you have sengleds and the gateway. Are you seeing similar issues?

I have the CC2652P2 Based Zigbee to Ethernet Serial Coordinator and have similar issues. I believe this is more of a Sengled issue, though. I had the same issues with SmartThings until I had my mesh perfect.

Sengled lights and strips don’t repeat. They don’t seem to play well with other lights that do act as routers.

Yeah…I bought sengled specifically because they don’t repeat. Zigbee bulbs that repeat are notorious for taking down meshes. These bulbs were stable on my Conbee2 gateway with all the same routers and endpoints so I’m curious to see if others have them working stable…or is it just something I need to troubleshoot on my mesh.

1 Like

Looked through the topic and need some information.
I have a CC2652P2 Based Zigbee to Power Over Ethernet Serial Coordinator V2.
It is somewhat centerally located but I have a problem with some of my zigbee devices.
Some are very slow at detecting motion or when a door or window is opened/closed. These devices are at the further ends of my house.
Is there another device I can add that would boost the signal like Tube’s Zigbee Router/Repeater.
That would not interfere with Coordinator.
Thank you for the guidance.

yes mains powered devices that also acts as routers. The router I sell is one, but you can also get a plug or another device as well.

Thank you.
I will place an order on your site now.

I’m working through the waiting list currently as I had a stretch of time when I was out of stock of components. if you sign up there I should get to you in a week or 2. Otherwise an ikea repeater or plug work well as well (just can’t handle as many devices as what I make/sell). I’ve also had good luck with the Sengled Plugs which also have a power metering.

As before I did put myself on the waiting list.
I would rather spend my $$ with a “maker” than a big box.

6 Likes

thanks- I appreciate that!

This is key. Not all Sengled plugs repeat. I made that mistake a while back.

Agreed! These are the newer ones that do act as Zigbee repeaters, and are capable of reporting power usage.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FJ5LHSN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are the older Sengled Zigbee outlets that do NOT act as Zigbee repeaters.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HKW8XF6/ref=twister_B07VLSTDJK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

yes the new ones are great. I did pop one open a few weeks ago, and it looks to maybe be using a Tuya built EFR32 module:

2 Likes

Alas, according to Amazon, they don’t seem to be suited for my household voltage… :rofl:

Screenshot: Amazon product page with 'Operating voltage: 120 microvolts' listed

But good find! I didn’t know they had released a newer model. Like their older one, this is supposed to handle a full 1800 W, and they even mention fans as specifically compatible. Still not sure if I’d try monitoring, say, a dehumidifer or washing machine on one of these (for power usage — e.g., the classic “washing machine is done!” automation), but it’s not a bad price either way!

Glad to have another plug-in repeater that is easily available.

1 Like

Hey @tube0013, I’m running into an issue and have done a fair amount of research without a good answer. I’ve found that if my coordinator goes offline even for a brief time and comes back online, most of my zigbee devices reconnect automatically. Most of the time, however, at least one or two do not. I don’t consider this a big issue. What is an issue is that when I put the device in pairing mode, the coordinator can’t find it, or rather seems to find it but ZHA won’t bother to rediscover it. The only fix I’ve found for this is to wipe the coordinator completely by reflashing it, which works but seems like overkill. Would you or anyone else be able to explain why this is happening? I have 20 zigbee devices (all battery powered) at this time but do have my first main powered light on the way. Thanks in advance!