Tube's ZB Coordinators and Routers (was Zigbee router on steroids?)

First batch of Poe Coordinators are available.

5 Likes

well they sold out in 9 hours, should have more by the end of the week!

2 Likes

Managed to get one too! It seems thereā€™s quite a bit of demand for the PoE version :smiley:

I just came across this as well, they look perfect.

Just wanted to check, these donā€™t suffer from the battery drain issue for Ikea buttons like the Sonoff?

Thanks

Can anyone link me some directions on how to add these coordinators to my ZHA integration in HA? Can I add two?

I donā€™t believe so.

You wouldnā€™t need two?

Just some routers to spread the network, which is pretty much anything with mains power :slight_smile:

Iā€™m on the Sonoff right now and looking to order one of these when they come bake into stock.

Just wondering if anyone can confirm that this coordinator:

• Works fine with Ikea buttons?

• Migration guide to move from an existing coordinator to this device?

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

Pointless asking for a migration guide if you donā€™t tell us what zigbee integration you are using. There are at least three, zigbee2mqtt, zha and (I canā€™t recall).

Thatā€™s a fair point, didnā€™t even think of it. Thought most people would be using ZHA these days :slight_smile:

I think many people are using z2m (and claim it is better :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

There are documented ways to migrate between the same radio family. Puddy in ha discord has a script to go from an silabs to ti radio so itā€™s possible but not documented.

You need to have access to a machine with python installed to pull down the libs needed and run the commands to do it all.

I donā€™t have any ikea buttons. I donā€™t think the ti/ccx652 coordinators were part of this problem though and it was more related to the SiLabs ezsp sdk and firmware in coordinator and end devices using it.

2 Likes

As mentioned, there are at least ways to migrate from older Texas Instruments based Zigbee coordinator running Z-Stack Home 1.2 to newer Texas Instruments based Zigbee coordinator running Z-Stack 3. If using ZHA you can ask in zigpy discussions and if using Zigbee2MQTT ask in zigbee2mqtt discussions on GitHub. Migrating back and forth between Zigbee stacks from different manifacturers is trickier however the can also be discussed in those forums.

Understand due to architecture of zigbee questions like that should not be asked/answered here, read:

https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/zha/#knowing-which-devices-are-supported

and

https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/zha/#zha-exception-and-deviation-handling

As such the most correct answer is that all standard Zigbee devices should work, so best to just try it.

Hard to get statistics on that since so many third-parties could use MQTT ā†’ Installations | Home Assistant Analytics

1 Like

deconz? :slight_smile:

I got it all working using 1 Tubes cc2652 coordinator on ZHA for Ā½ of my network and then I used my Conbee II with Deconz for the other Ā½ of the devices.

I do have a question on how I can change the zigbee channel for the cc2652 running on ZHA. Any thoughts?

It is ZHA docs but note that changing channel on an existing installtaion require re-pairing all devices.

https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/zha/#defining-zigbee-channel-to-use

Usually easier to just change the WiFi channels and also move away Zigbee dongle from WiFi radios.

Just posted last few coordinators I will have for a while. :frowning:

@tube0013 When will you have stock for coordinators?

See my last post above, Iā€™ve run out of my zigbee module supply and timing is unknown at the moment. Will update when I know more.

Just wanted to share a positive experience. New to Home Assistant, building a smart home after moving in a few months ago. (1600 sq ft single story house). After doing some research on ZigBee solutions, I stumbled upon this thread and quickly ordered a CC2652P2 coordinator and two routers from Tube. It took me a while to get HA installed, but since then Iā€™ve created a ZigBee network consisting of 6 Hue bulbs, and 23 Aqara sensors (mostly door/window sensors, a few leak sensors, one vibration sensor). And so far, everything is just working beautifully. I did have one leak sensor that came with a faulty battery, but quickly replaced that and no issues since. Right now I only have the coordinator setup in the center of the house, and since Iā€™m well under the 50 device capacity, Iā€™ll probably just stick with that, and only add the routers as needed.

So, thank you to Tube for making such a fantastic coordinator and thanks to the HA community for making Home Assistant and the ZHA integration work so well.

2 Likes