Tube's ZB Coordinators and Routers (was Zigbee router on steroids?)

If you get to the point with z2m starting without complaining in the logs it should be working as expected and devices should join. I usually have to try 4-5 times with aqara devices, other times they work the first time I think that is more a device thing.

yes change the key, no good reason to use the default. just randomly change the numbers.

I have a strange issue my whole zigbee network drops randomly for 15 to 45 seconds. I have the 2652 based coordinator. I have looked in the zigbee2mqqt log and donā€™t see anything. this is very random sometimes 20 times in a day sometimes once. I seem to have a strong mesh and it is the whole network that goes off, every device at once. It seems to point to a network drop, a zigbee2mqqt issue or a home assistant issue, and of course the coordinator is possible but to me seems the least likely. I have tried a different network port and patch cable, Iā€™m going through a commercial Cisco switch and have not experienced any other network issues. Looking for some guidance as to what log to look in or enable to narrow this down.

Thanks

Craig

maybe try a static IP build of esphome. happy to compile it for you given there currently a bit of an issue with the current esphome version and the serial component. Just PM me the IP and Gateway. and I can do this pretty quickly. and flashing is just done over the web interface. Also would need to know which variant of the 2652 coord you have.

Hi, after 2 days my network works fine but still Iā€™m not able to join new devices (aqara, ikea and blitzwolf plug). Do you recommend me to change default network key to random digits? Will I then have to pair the entire network all over again?

if you have a lot of devices itā€™s probably not worth it. with the default key itā€™s trivial for anyone to see the traffic - so risk is up to you and how whether determined strangers on the street are interested in turning your lights on and off.

As far as pairing other devices, have you tried through another routing device on the network? If you already have devices paired I donā€™t think it would point to the coordinator. this could also be interference at play.

I had all my devices connected on Conbee. After I switched to the Tubeā€™s gateway, I disconnected (erase with ā€œforce removeā€ option) 3 devices: Ikea extender, blitzwolf plug and aqara motion-detector. All of them was deleted with ā€œforce removeā€ option (as I usually do)

Now Iā€™m trying to adopt them with ā€œpermit joinā€ option enabled but with no success. Nothing is discovered. I donā€™t know why and donā€™t know how to debug it. There is no errors in ā€œLogsā€ section.

What should I do? Disconnect all, reinstall z2m plugin, change network key and try do everything from scratch?

recommend you shut down Z2M temporarily and run a Channel scan to check for interference:

follow the install steps here, and the specific tool is the Energy Scan

https://github.com/zigpy/zigpy-znp/blob/4ac608c82b6f48d304bab9a20bd648450bed54a7/TOOLS.md

My network worked perfect on chanel 11 with Conbee for two years, adding new devices never been so easy, so why now should I change channels? This is something wrong with adapter in my opinion, but the worst thing is that Iā€™m not able to debug it. I have 25 devices in my network, I spent hours trying to resolve this problem. The last option for me is to delete all configuration and set it again from scratch. If this will not work, Iā€™m going back to conbee.

I sent you a PM, we can get this resolved one way or another.

I have a Tube Zigbee Coordinator (CC2652p2 POE) that as of now Iā€™m using exclusively for eight Aqara (ā€œLumiā€) sensors.

I occasionally see a sensor ā€œdrop offā€; tapping the button on the missing sensor will re-add it, but it would be nice if I didnā€™t have to do that. :wink:

I was wondering if adding a couple Aqara Smart Plugs around the house would help, since right now everything has to connect directly to the Coordinator. (Thatā€™s assuming, of course that the warnings about ā€œNOTE: Works with Aqara hub onlyā€ donā€™t actually apply and it will pair OK with the CC2652p2 like the sensors doā€¦)

I have 10 Aqara sensors - a combination of 5 water sensors and 5 temperature sensors. I used to have the problem with them dropping offline, and I solved it in two ways:

1. I switched to a Tube coordinator.
  2. I installed a Tube repeater in the most troublesome area

Between those two changes, the network has become extremely reliable, and I no longer see devices dropping offline.

3 Likes

the Aqara plugs would be a good idea, I believe they play nice with aqara sensors and yes they work with other things just their hub. In general itā€™s good to have a few routing devices in the mesh.

1 Like

When will they be available again on the shop?

I am almost caught up on the waiting list - but saying that more people sign up every day, so best bet is to sign up there, Iā€™m currently emailing people who signed up 4-5 days ago so thatā€™s about the wait. Thursday - Sunday I get more done as Mon-Wed I am stuck in my day job office.

1 Like

How many devices can CC2652P2 Ethernet Serial Coordinator handle?
I see I can only have 21 devices in my network. It looks like limit. I canā€™t add 3 more devices.

When i wanted to add blitzwolf plug, my log reported:

Could there be a problem here?

Really? Tube does document his stuff you know. It is right there on the product page

• Z-Stack Firmware supports 50 Direct Children, 100 normal routes and 200 source routes

not sure why you wouldnā€™t be able to add more devices - someone who knows more about z2m may be able to assist more, but looks like the device is reseting. the CC2652 is widely regarded as the best/best supported radio for z2m currently as far as I know and shouldnā€™t be limited to 21 devices. Adding mains powered devices that act as routers is still a good idea for a healthy mesh and will also increase the amount of devices that can be used.

Yes I read this on the product page, but still looking for any idea how to add more devices. Trying add three of them (all are powered devices):
Iā€™m trying to add: blitzwolf plug (3rd one) + tradfri extender (2nd one) and tuya 3 gang (worked on conbee)
My map:

My problem with all of them is ā€œDevice left the networkā€ three times when Iā€™m trying to add them

Check joining procedure for device itself , happened to me also with some Aqara devices ,but managed till end to pair them. BTW i did a test,had 200 stable devices on one coordinator.

1 Like

Hi ā€¦I am relatively new to HA and donā€™t have a Zigbee device yet. I am really interested in these coordinators as I want to have door/window & temp sensors and automate blinds. I have a couple of questions.

• There is the house and then my studio office where HA runs via Virtualization on QNAP NAS. The studio is about 50 metres (164 feet) from the the house. There is Ethernet between the two buildings. I am thinking I would put a coordinator in the house where most of the devices will be. What would be the best way to cover both my studio and house? I donā€™t think a router would work over this distance.

• Not too sure which Coordinator to chooseā€¦why would you choose CC2652P2 Based Zigbee to Ethernet Serial versus CC2652P2 based Zigbee to Ethernet/USB Serial Coordinator?