Is it possible to turn off Two Factor authentication through the Console? regardless of what I do, I can’t log in to Home Assistant front end using the code provided by the google authenticator any more after having to restore a snapshot. time appears to be ok as does the timezone. So I’d like to know if there is a config I can edit to turn this off locally.
now whether this was the right thing to do or not.
- renamed auth_module.totp to auth_module.totp.tmp which I found in /config/.storage
- rebooted the host.
- Logged in without being asked for the two-factor code.
- Enabled then Disabled the Authenticator app through the GUI
- Saw that the original file auth_module.totp has been recreated.
All seems fine now.
Thanks so much. It worked.
I had trouble finding the file on my hassio instance, but renaming the file and rebooting worked for me. To get to that file I had to:
- Connect monitor and keyboard to my Pi
- Enter “login” in the ha terminal that comes up by default. This allowed me to access the host system
- connect to the docker container that is running home assistant: docker exec -it homeassistant bash
- When I connected to the docker container, I was in the config directory by default, so I had to move into the hidden .storage folder
- rename the totp file with “mv auth_module.totp auth_mudule.totp.tmp”
- Reboot the home assistant machine
I’m locked out of my HA (smartphone crashed with authenticated HA client and verified authenticator app). I’m unable to use the HA app nor am I able to logon via the web gui.
Looks like I need to perform the actions you suggested. But how do I go about this when HA is running as a docker image? I guess the /config/.storage is within that image, since I can’t find this anywhere.
Thanks for helping me out.
hi guys, i have the same problem. can it be disabled by entering the micro sd without having to access with monitor? and if so what should i do? thank you
This works and is super easy (if you are comfortable with hidden files). Thank you!
Please, I need help. I am not familiar with the use of command HA.
Could you explain me step by step how to stop 2FA ?
After typing :
- “docker exec -it homeassistant bash”
- what can I do now ?
Thank you for your help
Hi, I’m not comfortable with command line, could you describe step by step ? Please