Turning On and Off KNX Switch puts the relay in race condition

Hi

I am facing an issue using the KNX Integration. If i turn on and turn off a switch multiple times quickly, it causes the hardware contacter to be in a race condition leading to failure. I wanted to know how can i ensure that there is always some delay (0.1-0.2s) before accepting the next state of switch from user.

It would be great to handle it across all group address which includes lights, fans, etc

Hi :wave:!
What exact failure / race condition do you observe?

In theory you could lower the rate_limit of the knx integration, but I’s strongly recommend to not do that (leave it at 20-30). This will just queue all systemwide outgoing telegrams leading to delays…
I’d rather try to throttle the trigger, not the communication.

I will explain the setup i have.

I have added a KNX switch to homekit via home assistant. The KNX switch turns on or off the KNX Relay. The KNX Relay is connected to a 40 Amp power contactor.

When i turn on the switch, it is actually taking some time to execute that action . Before it turns on if I turn off the switch and turn on again then the knx relay enters a state in which it turns on and off continuously and doesn’t halt.

Why does it do that?
Is the Knx actuator broken or is some logic (HA or Knx) triggering it? Have a look at the ETS GroupAddress Monitor.

Maybe add a turn-off-delay in the actuators application (if it is supported - but most do) to avoid such a scenario and to protect the external Relais.

Even i am confused as to why it is happening. The actuator is perfectly fine and there is no other automation etc controlling the switch.

Its always happens if i turn on and off the switch fastly.

TeSys D - AC Contactor - 40A Is the contactor that i am using.

Both the KNX relay and the contactor are in that turn on turn off loop.

In the home assistant or the homekit app also i see the status of that switch as turn on / turnoff repeatedly.

Any suggestions/ help is greatly appreciated