Tuya devices are slow to react - no changes to HA

I will keep using it for now. The new tuya integration in this state is unusable.

I am still on the old Tuya v2 but the cloud is also crapping out. I have sensors that have not been updated for 6 hours and are currently showing solar-production of 10.9 W. Itā€™s night.

Which part in the world are you located in? Maybe you need to select the correct datacenter? I live in US and I used the datacenter in US when registering Tuya account. Never had any problem with the new Tuya integration. The response time for my smart plug is around 1 second1

Iā€™ve tried various datacenters (based in UK) and none are working correctly for me

UK uses Central Europe.

EU. It was working fine until a week ago, when the updates stopped happening correctly. So they patched something.

Alright. Have you tried controlling the switch/light from the Tuya App via 4G/LTE? There are just too many variables in this problem. You need to locate where the bottleneck is.

Tuya app on 4G/LTE works fine. Also on wifi.
There are a few other places this is mentioned now

I have tried switching wifi networks, different hardware for HA, re-adding devices, re-added integration. Pretty much everything. My Android app also runs dog slow when you go to a devices control panel for certain devices. Pretty sure at this stage that this is an issue with the API at least for Cental Europe Data Centre.

Tuya Local works
Tuya App Cloud works
Tuya IoT Cloud does not work

So the problem is Tuya IoT Cloud and since the integration is based on that it affects HA.

Been experiencing this also.

I am in Australia but will have to check which server I signed up to.

My tuya devices basically cannot be controlled by HA right now.

1 Like

I received my last 3 replacement devices today and later tonight Iā€™m out. No more Tuya.

what brand of devices?

I was suffering from long delays. Donā€™t know if itā€™s coincidental but since disabling ipv6 through Supervisor->System->IP Address the responsiveness is much better. Around 3 seconds as opposed to the 2-10 minutes before.

2 Likes

same here, I have bought philips motion sensor and aqara door sensor. enough is enough!

I already have a Sonoff Zigbee CC2531 USB-stick in my Raspberry Pi 4, Iā€™m simply switching to pure Zigbee, in this case the last 3 devices were Box Dimmers (untested but on Black Friday sale). Last batch were a couple of similar ones, been running them successfully for a few weeks (link).

Edit: It made it sound a little like Iā€™m promoting HA/CC2531 Zigbee but Iā€™m not really - I have spent a HUGE amount of time, effort and family SHAME to be where I am today (a system working pretty well but far from perfect - rotary dimmers are NOT SMOOTH and sometimes buttons/remotes will bind to lights/outlets and sometimes not).

Just went through my dashboard and changed all the cloud sensores (i.e. sensor.ty0027203424a1601c9cf2_2) to local sensors (i.e. sensor.lt_power) after it showed solar production throughout the night because updates takes hours or donā€™t happen at all.

Seems to be responding like normal again, could anyone else check/verify ?
edit: verfied in Tuya lights/switches delay in updating states, is it only me? - #41 by Kertz1954

Indeed. I overlayed local and cloud sensor today and they are a perfect match.

And today i switched from tuya custom to the official tuya 2.0 integration, only to find out there are still problems. :frowning: I added a tuya motion sensor. It works fine in the app, status gets refreshed in the tuya iot platform, but now itā€™s the connection between the tuya iot platform and home assistant thatā€™s not finished yet and statusses do not get updated in Home assistant. Thereā€™s a notification on the tuya page of the HA site about this. :frowning: