Tuya devices are slow to react - no changes to HA

Yes, the original problem (Tuya device statuses being delayed and/or lost) has been solved. There are however other problems (for me Brightness stopped working since HA core-2021.11.5) that I suggest be discussed elsewhere.

I have though since moved on from Tuya, replaced all devices with non-Tuya Zigbee ones, removed all Tuya accounts, apps and integrations and is now selling my Tuya devices.

1 Like

The issue was solved but now reappeared. Anybody experiencing problems too?

2 Likes

I removed all of the sensors and will deactivate my tuya account today. Enough is enough…

1 Like

Thanks. I realized that I only have 2 outdoor plugs that still use the Tuya firmware. I tasmotized the first of those today. There is only one more plug left to do then I’m out of Tuya too :grinning:

The issue came back here on my home assistant.

Having the same issue that seems to have started yesterday.

I am using the Tuya V2 integration.

Same issue here, very slow response for my Tuya bulbs when turn on/off and delay in showing status in HA. Will start to replace the bulbs with my new Athom bulbs which come flashed with Tasmota

Same. Can turn some switches on/off via HA, while others cannot, but the status doesn’t update in HA.
Already have my USB flasher stuff, just need to find time to tasmotize.

Having this issue too. On 2021.12.1.

I am also seeing this in logs:

Logger: tuya_iot
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/tuya_iot/openmq.py:161
First occurred: 15 December 2021, 19:39:47 (15 occurrences)
Last logged: 14:13:12

error while get mqtt config

Googling it suggest that step 6 on (tuya-home-assistant/platform_configuration.md at 1d7da1ee43a2ebfc9ad47eccff453828ffe529f9 · tuya/tuya-home-assistant · GitHub) was missed. But it’s definitely configured on my IOT setup.

Having similar issues as well for the past 3 days.

Lights switched on-off from dashboard but no actual change, delayed response from devices - switches, light bulbs - even some lightbulbs turning on randomly, devices appearing as unavailable.

I am associating it roughly around the time when I updated to latest HA version - Dec update.

Yes, it’s completely broken. I now only have the cloud sensors “for fun” to laugh at how ridiculous they are. All my actual data has been switched to local sensors. Here you can see the extend of the desync: (blue is wrong cloud value, purple is correct local value)

This is appears to be a recurring problem:

Adding my name to this list of people impacted. As I read through this and other threads, it could be a simple workaround by being able to schedule the Tuya Integration to reload. But from what I read there is not an option to create an automation to reload a whole integration, single or multiple entities yes but not the whole integration.

So, based on this

I created an automation set to reload 1 device that WILL reload the whole integration. I will monitor this over the next few days.

I had similar issues, yesterday in the Tuya platform (iot.tuya.com) I’ve added a different server to my project. Since then it seems my issues are resolved.

Hi, I have a theory. In my opinion, there is no slowdown due to neither from Tuya nor from Home Assistant. The sensor only sends data to Tuya’s servers when its status changes(so as to save battery and avoid sending the same data multiple times) or more than a certain amount of time passes since the last sending(ex: 1h). I could notice this with a couple of tuya wifi sensors I have at home. The temperature/humidity sensor sends data inconsistently, while the smart socket(with energy meter) data is updated at the same time on both the app and HA.