Tuya devices/entities gone missing

Anyone know how to delete a cloud project in the Tuya IoT account page? looking at removing it and starting again.

Apparently it’s not possible to delete a project.

O well that enplanes why i cart find out how…will just have to make a new one then.

I managed to get it all back. I unlinked my Tuya account from the old IoT account, and created a new one. Basically start from scratch. I also had to use the western US data center instead of the East.

I found some really useful info here:

1 Like

Tried to make a new project and reconfigured HA but it still does not work

For me the issue was solved when I added the device connection service under service api’s in my project. Give that a try, before deleting everything and/or creating new projects.

I already do have Device Connection Service in my API’s and it is not working. I will try to create new account with IOT but I wonder if this will happen more often?
Also i see that in my IOT account I can see the devices but I can not to control them and I am sure I was able to do this 2 weeks ago when it went wrong last time?
I do not have many devices just 16 but can you image whole house with 100 devices to recreate it every 2 weeks?

I have over 60 devices, so complete reconfiguration is never a good option.

I am in the Eastern US geographically but was only able to see devices in the Tuya IoT platform when Western US data center is selected. This had been working from the initial reconfiguration when HA 2021.10(Tuya V2) integration was introduced, but as of this morning no devices populate in HA.

I switched to Western US in the IoT platform a moment ago to see if something changed but once again the IoT platform cannot find any devices.

Try revoking authorization for Device Connection Service, then reauthorizing it. That’s what fixed it for me after trying everything else.

I had some luck by creating a new project. But for some reason the Tuya integration is not picking up my garage door sensor, the A/C temperatures are messed up again, and I don’t see a way to adjust it like in the old integration.

I created new IOT account
added the app authorisation so new account for IOT does see the devices but when i try to add tuyav2 to HA it shows me invalid authentication. Also i do not see the space in IOT to subscribe to 1 year trial subscription?

I saw something similar, when I was on the Eastern US servers, my devices never showed, even though the HA integration was working.

On the Western US servers all my devices are listed. Strange…

From what I can tell, you can only have your devices linked to one server location, and you have to unlink before you can relink.

2 Likes

Can we change the server or need to create another account?
Do i need to unlink the devices from tuya app on the phone ?
When i changed data centre of the project I can not link the app as it shows me that it is in different data centre so I do need to create a new account and add all my devices again? Or can I change somehow a region in the app?

Added than restarted the HA server and it did not changed anything

1 Like

After creating a new project (which didn’t fix the issue) I noticed that “Device connection service” was not in the listed under Service APIs. I’ve added it to the new project, reloaded the integration and now my devices are available in HA.
(Thanks to the above withdrawn post for making me check the Service APIs!)

2 Likes

nope did not worked for me revoked and added it again and no changes

This is a weird one. Some people saying changing data centre worked, some just creating a new project and others completely new accounts.
In case it helps, the service APIs I have are:

• Device connection service
  • Authorization
  • Smart home scene linkage
  • IOT data analytics
  • Device status notification
2 Likes

this is disaster. I can not change datacentre as it shows me error that the device is deployed in different data centre.

Ok been away for a bit but after revoking and then re authorizing Service APIs! and then removing and re-loading the integration its all back up.

I’ve got it online again as well…

As for my case, the Device Connection Service was missing a subscription, although it was obviously previously subscribed prior to today. It was necessary to “re-purchase” the Trial Edition (M0) Subscription, then unauthorize and reauthorize my Project under the Device Connection Service.

As others have mentioned, there is a “Service adjustment notice” that appears on the Tuya IoT > Cloud page detailing recent changes to their license model. I have a suspicion this is somehow related to having my Trial Edition subscription mysteriously “revoked”.

3 Likes