Tuya devices/entities gone missing

Unfortunately this also did not worked for me.
I am out of ideas.

For me the solution was to de-authorise the Device Connection Service in my Tuya Cloud Project and re-authorising it. There’s was actually a service announcement in Tuya Cloud mentioning about some change in the naming of the API service but apparently it was a bit more than a name change, possibly an internal ID change as well, which rendered the previous authorisation ineffective.

That’s my theory anyway.

Hope this helps others.

4 Likes

I’ve also made it by revoking the device connection service subscription as Savvas said.

1 Like

Please let me know if you fixed your issue as I’m having the same problem

Screen shot of my working account if it helps others:

Yes i just fixed it by revoking everything for a second time removing the integration and adding it all again to the same account and the same project.
I do not know why did it help as I already try it once and it did not worked.
I am starting to think about moving out from the system and getting small tuya gateway maybe?

What service API did you select?

Device Connection Service

You said you have to revoke two times correct? Also did you wait inbetween attempts since I’m not sure how long a data sync takes at tuya

Same problem here. Devices show up on IOT but not in HA. Ive revoked, i’ve changed my email address, my password, made new projects, and always the same result… I bought some sonoff devices to replace the tuya’s. This is too much of a hassle for me. At least I know the ewelink app works for me in HA

Revoke authorization for Device Connection Service. Then re-authorize device connection service.

Test if Tuya is working by selecting Debug Device for any device, preferably an ON/OFF switch. On debug device page, select Device Debugging tab. If Tuya complains that this feature needs subscription to Device Connection Service, then re-subscribe to trial edition of Device Connection Service (I had to go through a shopping cart kind of page and buy the trial version for $0) and repeat the revoke authorization and re-authorize.

Make sure that Device Debugging tab does not complain. From the Device Debugging page, send ON/OFF signal to the device. Modify the status of the switch and click on Send Instruction button at the bottom of the page. Make sure the device operates.

In HA, reload the integration. This will require restart of HA. After restart, the devices and entities will appear but will have _1 suffixed to them. So, lot of editing will be required to fix all the automations and scripts. Nightmare…

Also, the device API subscription is valid only for one year. After one year, we will have to re-subscribe. This is a game Tuya is playing. Who knows when they will turn the Free trial to “now buy the API”.

done all this, still get the following every time the add on loads:

Tuya login error response: {‘code’: 1106, ‘msg’: ‘permission deny’, ‘success’: False, ‘t’: 1634466790287}

Ideally I really dont want to delete the integration and have to reconfigure all the ids for like the million devices

I was able to fix the issue by selecting only 1 data center in the project configuration instead of selecting all DCs

I thought II would be smart and see if I could flash my mini switches to another software but then found out they don’t use the esp8266 chip. Mine use the WB2S chip, so now I am debating on swapping chips, (would cost about 10 bucks for parts) or just use these on devices that barely get used and don’t really require HA to monitor them. I give up trying to integrate these with the Tuya.

I also had problems logging in. The solution was to set “Central Europe” as data center, for the Netherlands. I thought it would be Western Europe…

1 Like

The login when adding the integration is your Tuya or Smart Life app login, not your IoT login.

I’m having the same issue .

“You cannot scan the QR code to add a device deployed in another data center.”

1 Like

Try a different data center. Will not necessarily be the one you think it should be based on your region. Also make sure your region is correctly set.

it took me hals a day and i was revoking them deleting twice

This is all very sad especially that now Tuya devices are everywhere and they work so well. If this will continue i wonder what would be the alternative?