Tuya devices stopped working

I’ve been using several Tuya devices for about a year without issue. Today they stopped responding in Home Assistant. They dont show state changes and I cant flip the switches.

-I can control the devices through the Tuya app
-I can control the devices through Alexa

I cant think of any recent changes I’ve made that would affect Tuya.

I did my original setup following these instructions:

I tried deleting the integration and redoing the above. Everything seems to work just fine. But when I’m finished my devices just aren’t there. Everything else in HA is unchanged.

When I bring up the Tuya integration page it says “Depends on the Cloud”. I dont recall that text before.

Maybe I should move to local tuya. One thing that concerns me is I have one thermometer that is Tuya. That is not listed in what works with local tuya on hacs. They do mention it works with “climates”, does that include a thermometer?

IN 2024.2 they replaced the Tuya integration with a new one. I’m running the beta on one of my HA’s, and did have to scan a qr-code in the Smart Life app to link it to HA. Worth a try ?

I think I remember something about having a free subscription and that it needed to be renewed from time to time. Did you log in to your tuya dev account?

Thanks for the suggestion. Dont think thats it. I am able to login to my Tuya developer account with no issues. (And I can see my devices there. All seemed kosher from what the instructions indicated).

Got it!

What a pain. This is certainly easier than the original Tuya but what a pain that I had to go through this. Classic Home Assistant.

This resolved the problem. I used option 1. But it was not smooth. After installing the integration it took me to some random website. Neatmo? I futzed around for a while and when I launched smart life integration a second time it worked. Good luck.

This was helpful:

same issue here and deleting and re adding has done nothing no devices showing:(

Hi, just wondering if you solved this as I have EXACTLY the same. Dev account ok, can see the entities in there, works in app, works with Alexa, checked the account linking to app in Dev account, re-added the integration and it shows none of my devices. Did you resolve? Thanks!