Tuya integration Broken 02/2024?

In my case everything works well,

but It changed the entity_id, so I had to chnage it in the automations

p.e. climate.vhbdfh changed to climate.vhbdfbh

1 Like

Worked perfectly with this solution. Had to rename the entity from light.floor_none to light.floor, as it was before, but then everything worked again!
Thank you for this.

In the automations, there is no devices!
Although the smart life integration is succeeded

Thanks

This did work for me as well. Only thin it will change the entities Id, but once st, we are in local and cloud so no need to think anymore about Tuya IOT services extentions etc… For me, here after I will only stay with Smart Life intégration.

Thanks for the suggestion @Flo_coe - Installing the smartlife integration via HACS fixed it for me. My Tuya integration only stopped working this morning

well done bro! works :slight_smile:

have you tried turning it off and on again? (reboot hassio)

I’m running the home assistant on raspberry pi, I tried to restart the system many times… same problem…
Anything else I could try?
Thanks

Replace the devices in the automations.

Hindsight, but this is why everyone recommends using entities instead of devices. Each device has a unique ID (alphanumeric string) that’s used when you select the ‘device’ option. That will change when re-adding the device with a new integration like this. Using the entity instead will use the entity ID (name) instead which means you can just make sure the new entity has the same name as the old entity and it will automatically be reassigned in automations.

You can see this for yourself by adding a device and then adding the entity from the same device to an automation and checking out the YAML. In these screenshots, I used device for the first selection and entity for the second.

1 Like

Actually I could extend the trial period of the tuya contract for 6 months… and I can control my devices through both integrations: the old tuya integration and the new smart life integration…

The automations I have are working well but they are using the old tuya integration.

Do you guys advise me to remove the old one and adjust all of my automations to use the new smart life integration?

Now Home assistant is useless aplication i was using it alot of years and i have too use new version all my configs is broken alot off them is no longer work who is so ,
to create that new Bad version now this system on ha is nothink then broken somebody idea

I liked this integration more than Tuya and LocalTuya, removed both and switching to Smart life. I have 5 smart plugs and 2 Air Conditioners, all plugs works seamlessly. Air Conditioners still only have the HVAC modes, but anyways, way simpler than Tuya.

Nice work :hugs:.

But this new integration is still beta right? Is it trustable? Or better to wait before this changing?

There’s no harm is trying it out but my experience has not been good. I have five Tuya bulbs being used for outside lighting with an automation that turns them all on at dusk, changes one set to red at 10 PM, and turns everything off at dawn. They’ve all been pretty inconsistent since settings up the HACS integration where they worked without fail using the HA integrations for months.

Fantastic. Thanks !!!

Oh… so maybe it’s safer to wait a bit…
For me it’s very hard job to change almost all my automations to let them run the devices through the new “Smartlife” integration…

Smart life via HAC has done the trick, I’ve just had to update all my Automations, Storyboards and Dashboards to pick up the devices with there new entity ids etc

1 Like

even tuyas own instructions pointed me to smart life… or pay 25,000usd per year for a iot core subscription

The Tuya developer prerequisites say Home Assistant on Docker Desktop needs to be installed. Will this work on a Pi running HA OS Core?

In IoT platform website, go to cloud/ cloud services/ IoT Core/ (click on view details) should say package expired or something