Tuya Integration error: code: 2406 | msg: 'skill id invalid'

Yes I have exactly the same issue. At first devices would turn on, but not off. So restarted HA and got the same message.

Have logged into the Tuya IoT account and all the devices are shown and no errors thrown.

Making the control of the house a little tricky at present…

1 Like

Following :sunglasses:

Same here. Now my lights do not work :frowning:

ditto here. annoying to say the least.

What do you mean by creating a new project and Tuya?

1 Like

I got the integration to work when I unliked my project then relinked it.

First this:

Then this, scroll down to LINK DEVICES BY APP ACCOUNT

7 Likes

*with Tuya.

Sorry, it was a typo.

Ugh, this is one of the reasons why it’s so hard to trust Home Assistant. Things just randomly break and then it’s a hassle to figure out how to get them working again. Starting to feel like it’s not worth the effort

2 Likes

I had the same issue with all tuya devices not working now. With code 2406. Without me doing anything or upgrading home assistsnt.

Thanks! This worked for me too

1 Like

unlink and relink the phone app on the IoT Platform works!

3 Likes

I woke up today to a working Tuya integration.
I guess it was a temporary problem on Tuyas side.

Thank you all for confirming.

It worked for me, thanks :slight_smile:

Same here. Working again this morning. Last night was failing.

you’re the goat!!!

Update: 3 hours later it failed again.

Odd, mine is still failing. Guess I’ll give it some more time before trying to go through the steps of unlinking and recreating a new project

Local Tuya here we come: GitHub - rospogrigio/localtuya: local handling for Tuya devices

P.s. I am not associated with Local Tuya!

Homeassistant has nothing to do with this. Who knows how Tuya’s infrastructure works and what “upgrades” they made to it. That is what happens when we rely on 3rd party services.

This resolved my issue.

While I was at it, i renewed my 6-month trail.

It’s really not worth it. I was so excited when I discovered home assistant and, really, the concept is awesome- I did some pretty cool custom things with it. But if your not constantly babying it and working on it, it’s just not reliable at all. Like dude above said, that’s what happens when you rely on 3rd party services. I’ve gotten to the point that my Tuya lights are really the only thing I use HA for anymore because I just don’t have the time to keep other stuff running (which defeats the principle of home automation anyhow since I’ve put in more hours making stuff work than I will ever save in 100 lifetimes) and this is the 3rd or 4th Tuya HA failure in a year. I think this is my cue to move my automations back to the Tuya app and shut my server down for good.