Tuya Integration: No live stream for cameras via official integration

EDIT: I’ve totally given up on Tuya hardware in HA via the official integration because it’s super flaky and just bought from other vendors

I recently bought a Tuya camera (subbranded as LSC Smart Connect) that is correctly picked up by the official Tuya integration recently release by HA core. However, this camera seems to be recognized, shows me a correct thumbnail/snapshot for the camera but no live stream when I open the camera entity.

Anybody else encountering this issue with Tuya cams? The docs say they should be officially supported by the integration, and I guess I have Tuya integration set up correctly together with my Tuya IoT platform app.

Steps taken:

• Checked if feed was working in Tuya iOS app => works
  • Checked if feed was working in HA in another browser than Safari => same deal in Firefox
  • Checked if Tuya IoT set up correctly as per the HA docs => correct
  • Verified the thumbnail matched the correct live situation the cam is looking at => correct
  • Removed Tuya integration and set it up again from scratch => no difference
  • Got the 1006 permission denied error for Tuya => Fixed by resetting my Tuya password in app

1 Like

From the source code (core/camera.py at f8501ded0e0fe68e0ede1ab3cb2c3c5c104ef28f · home-assistant/core · GitHub) it looks like it should support streaming, can you give it a try with WebRTC? I am also having issues different streaming issues with different cameras (not tuya) and webrtc made my day.

I can try this tomorrow but from the description of WebRTC is see that it is steered towards RTSP cameras. This Tuya cam does not offer me an RTSP stream.

According to first code pointer, when stream source is needed, it is generating an RTSP url on demand to support live streaming, so, it should support it but endpoint is probably not visible to you and generated securely with every request.

Have the exact same problem, I also get flashing blank white card between the 10 second updates. Since HA reconnects with failed camera when online again it’s a much better alternative than Tuya app for live coverage.

I know the Tuya integration is new. So perhaps they are working on it. But if anyone knows a work around?

Did you try WebRTC integration i mentioned above?

I tried with the WebRTC addon but it errored “Needs RTSP stream” when I provided it the entity to my Tuya cam. However I clicked the camera in HA again later and it randomly/magically showed me a feed! I have absolutely no clue how this is fixed. Only thing I did last night was try WebRTC and the totally unrelated setting up of Adguard Home as my home DHCP/DNS server.

EDIT: seems I proclaimed joy to soon. I checked it again just now and it shows me a feed but not a correct one. My printer is currently printing and the cam is not in night mode

Yea, the nedis/tuya cams have a live option: I think they used to work a short time a while back: but then they stopped: now it would appear that they playback some file from the SD card on the cameras when live is selected… highly random since they picked a 5 day old file on one and 6 days on another camera… (When swapping to live)

Just noticed this in the logs:

2021-12-06 10:34:12 ERROR (stream_worker) [homeassistant.components.stream.worker] Error opening stream rtsps://****:****@aws-wework8.tuyaeu.com:443/v1/bf5471e69e906e2d92zxb2/c6mtbqecmgr9h53dr7qgaXeLbATQUJU5?signInfo=pKHIlpeIoG1rgcJSBYpB%2BHcinpIqOJmqB2R1irKvniK1YV9FX8UphPgUIyiaawi2iZMcpoyBT%2BDiWD%2B9W1KlVeHgEe4E2U14Gekz4aNJMBoDW3R7maBjsQ%2ByTkOFBftzOJ%2F%2FuQ%2FYswW%2F7HDBt2z%2BEcgk4o5YB5DRwtu1YYVpQCk%3D

Seems like Tuya IoT is failing on the underlying RTSP stream.

1 Like

Having the same problem as well. Any updates?

2 Likes

I have the same problem. My only suggestion is to avoid Tuya like a plague.

Also same issue, reloading the tuya integrations seems to fix it for a few minutes, but that’s just proof it should work, not a solution.

Tuya platform change the login credentials every 8-10 minutes. Thats why the stream stopping.

Same problem here, It is time to avoid anything Tuya like a plague

Has anybody managed to get the Tuya video stream to work in HA?
Thanks for your help.

Yes I have it working in 2205.5.5 after a reinstall I did not work anymore but I was missing ffmpeg. So its working again. I will try to upgrade again to the latest version.

Also after upgrade to version 2211.5.5 tuya cams are working correctly.

I have a couple of times. Though it did not work super well. Through the tuya integration in ha I was able to add the camera view. But it didnt work most of the time. I had to enable onvif mode in the tuya app to get the cameras detectable on the local network at all. These cameras suck.

I did this with a camera (Branded Orion) that I had set up with Tuya. The live feed was off by one minute and there were no P/T (pan/tilt) buttons or services.

I think the best solution would be to access it locally, but i’m not sure Tuya alows this

For some reason, the live feed works just after a reboot of HA.
Tried with and without “Preload camera stream”. Guess it’s like stated above due to changing login credentials…

I have the tuya cam connected to frigate and the live stream seems to work indefinitely. Maybe because I never stop streaming it.

Current setup is cam connected to HA via the official integration.

I use the non-addon instructions here to get the stream credentials into frigate 0.12 which has gortc built in /felipecrs/hass-expose-camera-stream-source

Frigate does its thing with object detection and recording.

One issue I see is that the cam is only outputting the SD stream. is this configurable with the tuya integration? I’d really like HD

2 Likes