Tuya Irrigation Integration

hi guys I’m in this position, I’have the Diivoo single and sometime It is recognized but sometimes it become unavailable or you switch on and immediately it switch off itself. How can we modify and add the single Diivoo. Where to get DPs ?? thanks for help

Hi there,

I had the same issue where the Gateway was showing as online in the Tuya Developer Portal, while the Diivoo Smart Dual Water Timer appeared as offline. To solve this problem, I tried something that worked for me.

I attempted to connect the Diivoo Smart Dual Water Timer to the Gateway while turning off Bluetooth on my smartphone. During the initial attempt, it seemed that the Tuya App or my smartphone directly connected to the device via Bluetooth instead of connecting through the Gateway. Although controlling the device with my smartphone worked, it didn’t function properly with Alexa or Homeassistant using the custom component.

I might be mistaken, but this approach could potentially help resolve the issue.

Fantastic - Thank you!

Hi,

I want to mention that the custom component tuya-local (not local-tuya, that’s a different component) just added support for the diivoo dual water timer. So that’s a good alternative.

Great advantage of this component is that it communicates locally and there are much more entities added such as rain delay and irrigation time.

Try this local Tuya by “make-all”.

(Remove other local Tuya first)
*I set up WiFi hub & water valve(sub device) by ccid number, then my water valve was recognized as a switch & other relevant functions were generated.
*Important: Irrigation time must be set before switch on water valve.

hi, I also bought the Diivoo smart water 2-way control unit. I configured it with his Homgar App. However, I wanted to configure it with Tuya App and then use it in Home Assistant since I already have integration. the problem is that I can’t associate it with Tuya App. Could you tell me how did you manage to associate it with Tuya? I need a step by step guide. Thank you
Diivoo Smart Water Hose Timer Compatible with Alexa and Google - Diivoo

I am using the 2nd version in the table below which works with the (tuya) smart life app. The RFID version you are using uses the homegar app. I am not sure if you can use the tuya app for the RFID version

tried the same thing but it did not work out

error is:
Unable to connect to your device with those details. It could be an intermittent issue, or they may be incorrect.

→ could you precisely explain what you put for each entry requested by the tuya local integration ?

(which local key ? Did you have to configure gateway first ? wich device ID on sub device ID ?..)

1 Like

I used tuya IOT platform to find UUID & device ID, then put them as below folloing make-all’s tuya-local integration’s set up step.
Device ID: wifi-blutooth gateway’s “UUID”
IP: your wifi-blutooth gateway IP on your router
Local Key: wifi-blutooth gateway’s local key
Protocol version: 3.3
Sub device ID: water valve’s “UUID”

OK i managed to make it work

protocol version was 3.4

I am in the same situation. Could you tell me how you managed to associated the device with the Tuya App?
Thanks a lot!

Device ID: wifi-blutooth gateway’s “UUID”
IP: your wifi-blutooth gateway IP on your router
Local Key: wifi-blutooth gateway’s local key
Protocol version: 3.4
Sub device ID: water valve’s “UUID”

real trick here is to use UUID, not device ID.

You know how to get UUID and Local Key from Tuya IOT platform ?

Thanks so much for the reply. I figured that was the problem. In fact it only works with the HomGar App. With Tuya or Smartlife App nothing

Has anyone tried this with a Tuys drip irrigation system like this “Giex” one? I’ve recently gotten a garden plot and am in the process of planning how to (semi-) automate it via Home Assistant while I’m away.

Thank you so much for this! I have 2 Bluetooth tuya controllers and this got one of them working which is a massive improvement on using the tuya app. This is the second one:

Any ideas on how to get it working ?

This works great, thank you!!

Hi,

I cannot find any area to put Sub device 2 !!

I used these on wizards

ERROR ON 3.4 PROTOCOL:
Connection to device succeeded but no datapoints found, please try again. Create a new issue and include debug logs if problem persists.

no options there:

how I can manage to add
Sub device ID: water valve’s “UUID” ?

actually, I realize that there are two repos out there as nelbs said
tuya-local and localtuya

my previous message came from localtuya, even if I try also tuya-local I get
Unable to connect to your device with those details. It could be an intermittent issue, or they may be incorrect.
for the sfkzq Johgee

uuid of wifi hub
local ip of wifi hub
key for wifi hub
3.4 protocol (try also auto/3.3/3.5)
uuid of valve

Propably, I found a workaround,

remove tuya (core) restart, setup tuya local first, configure valve, setup tuya integration after that and disable valve device from there

1 Like

Can you share the exact model you’re using?

Is it a “Leictory” by any chance?