Tuya Irrigation Integration

No, it’s a straight Tuya branded one - here is the 4 zone one Irrigation controller

I have two valves, good battery life and totally waterproof, but I would like to kill off the Tuya integration.
Has any of you managed to directly use the BT ones with Home Assistant, without Tuya gateway in the middle? I think it’s doable.

How did you get Diivoo (HOMGAR) to integrate with Tuya

@bennyboi after reading this thread I’m not really which is the right/best integration for your controller which I’m also think to purchase. Can you please clarify?

@nelbs thank you for sharing this alternative.
Do you know if this dual timer Wi-Fi (I believe BLE between the timer and the Hub)

Works with the component that you mention?

Thanks again!

I dont know, I bought this version https://www.amazon.nl/dp/B0C286VKY3?ref_=cm_sw_r_mwn_dp_X9DBG3XQTVZD66FK0JMQ&language=nl-NL. That one works with tuya local

1 Like

I bought the Diivoo WT-09W that only works with Homgar, but I could not sync with Tuya. Did you find a method to use/ find it in HAS?

1 Like

just tried with the WT08W same issue can’t connect

!thinking out loud! If I can see the 2 zones in Alexa, could there be a method of bringing these devices from Alexa to HA?
I am looking if creating a template helper could work… but I am quite new with helpers.

@nelbs Alright! That seems a similar product (in blue and more pretty :grinning:)and a few euros cheaper at least in Amazon.es. Thank you for your prompt reply! I will order it.

After some workaround my WT08W bi valves timer works :slight_smile: without desabling tuya core :slight_smile:

i have to setup :

id: gateway wifi to bt
key: gateway witi to bt
ip: gateway witi to bt
protocol: 3.4
id: WT08W

1 Like

I have read this whole thread and could not find a clear answer…

Has anyone had any success getting a Diivoo WT-09W integrated in Home Assistant ?

I have tuya-local and I know how to use it (tuya iot platform and all).
But this 2-zone valve works with Homgar app, not Smart Home.

1 Like

mine Diivoo WT-08W works with tuya app so it’s strange your’s not :frowning:

1 Like

I ordered the Raddy WS 2. This can be added via HomGar. The connection works without any problems. Unfortunately, there is no HomGar integration in Home Assistant. Neither the hub nor the water pump is recognized via Tuya. Is there a way to integrate the devices into Home Assistant?

1 Like

Hi @neIbs, I can confirm that the WT05 (wifi gateway with Bluetooth) works flawlessly with the tuya local integration. Thanks ofr the advice! Appreciate.

2 Likes

WT05 works fine now, but i have also an Woox R4238 and i only can use it with the original Tuya integration. In Tuya Local not shown. So i cant set Time Settings and so on, i get there only Battery and Switch ON/OFF

Any idea what i can do?

Hello,

Question about local Tuya is home assistant stop support it ? Becouse no update for it long time

There are so many different abandoned Tuya integrations. Even the one in Home Assistant core seems to be receiving very little love. I finally found ‘Tuya Local’ and am so happy to find a still maintained one and one that lets you craft configurations for new devices.

I was able to add the config for this remarkably cheap 8 zone smart sprinkler with model SH07S_TY:
Amazon.com : Smart WiFi Sprinkler Controller,Irrigation Controller System,8 Zone Irrigation Controller,Smart Indoor Sprinkler Controller : Patio, Lawn & Garden
(although the maintainer ended up just fixing a mistake in the existing SH07 config as a result of me identifying the issues)

And I’ve crafted the full config for this 2 zone smart hose timer (although an existing double switch config got it working in a more minimal way):
Amazon.com: Zefinot WiFi Water Timer for Garden Hose - 2 Zone Hose Timers for Watering, 2 Watering Patterns, Smart Sprinkler Timer System, Irrigation Timer Compatible with Alexa and Google : Patio, Lawn & Garden
and now have two as a result of being able to integrate them into home assistant.

Neither of those were supported in the core Tuya integration - the devices got added but with no sensors/controls.

I was also able to trivially add 4 smart socket devices - something I was unable to do reliably a year ago with the various Tuya integrations I discovered at the time.

And I have a PR out to make Tuya Local as easy to use as the core Tuya by adding a cloud assisted config path to get all the details needed to connect them locally via Tuya Local. So you don’t need to go to the horrible Tuya IOT developer website and create an account so you can find a bunch of information about the devices.

I see a lot more Tuya devices in my future now I can relatively easily add them to home assistant with the ability to add configs for them if needed.

Not yet I don’t think, until someone builds an integration for HomGar. Both Diivoo and Rainpoint’s newer models appear to use HomGar, and the app itself is OK albeit it lacks automated rain delay, so hopefully someone will soon.

Ps. this is the developer of HomGar: Agriculture Irrigation System, Smart Home Control