Tuya siren

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f739b094280>

I have a tuya siren that i would love to have integrated in home assistant for my alarm system. As it is now i need to use IFTTT and a webhook to enable/disable the siren and it has some serious delay.

It’s not on the list but maybe you could run Tasmota if it’s a TuyaMCU device.

https://tasmota.github.io/docs/TuyaMCU/

I got the Tuya PIR sensor working using this.

I ended up using one of these for my siren, which is fine if you have the 433Mhz setup already:

how do you control the siren?
I have sonoff rfbridge, is it compatible?

See here:

Or if you go to the top of that topic you can see an alternative method to mine which involves learning the remote codes into RFkey on the Sonoff bridge. That method simply uses the remote as an alarm and pairs it with sensors, my method uses HA as the controller and HA simply uses the siren as a siren and nothing else.

My method also requires Tasmota flashed on the Sonoff bridge, not sure about the RFKey method.

am very much a newbee to HA. As part of the development of my HA system I am currently setting up an house alarm based on ALARMO. For this I purchased what I was led to believe were zigbee sirens:

[https://uk.banggood.com/Zigbees-Smart-Sensor-Wireless-WiFi-Linkage-Smart-Sound-And-Light-Alarm-Horn-Siren-Remote-Controller-Smart-Module-p-1758665.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN ]

However, on receipt it is apparent that these are not zigbee but WIFI ( I have complained to Banggood - their response pending !) and can be installed on your local network using TuyaSmart. However, the HA Tuya integartion does not recognise. But by experimentation I determined that HA does recognise if included via the localtuya integration. This is somewhat a protracted process as to do this you need to known the device local key - how to do this can be found on Github and ter are several YouTube videos. Anyway, I eventually got the siren included in HA and after trial and error determined the relevant ID. is 13 - for this the siren flashes red and is very loud for such a small item. Occasionaly with poering on and off it might loose connection to HA but this can be quickly re-established by switching the siren on and off via the TuyaSmart app, i.e. I have the siren simultaneously linked to both HA and TuyaSmart on my phone. Not perfect but is a start.