Tuya smart ir

I received a sonoff dual this morning, just flashed it with tasmota, so I’m going to document the steps I normally take to fully configure a tasmotized device.

But first things first : you need to setup mqtt for tasmota to work.

Step 1 : go to configure -> configure other and give your device a ‘friendly name’

Step 2 : Go to configuration -> configure module and choose YFT IR Bridge

Step 3: Go to configuration -> configure mqtt and enter your mqtt credentials

Host , User, Password and topic are the ones to change (for topic, best to use the same name as in step 1)

Finally, go to console and enter Setoption19 1 (and enter), so it is discovered by HA)

1 Like

This is the error I receive when I go to the console to put the user and password as well as the host (Ip address of the device I guess, or do I have to put the raspberry one where HA is running?)

P.S. Yesterday I didn’t answer anymore because I can’t go beyond the three replies being a new user
if anything later if I still have problems I edit this last post at least I can write

You have to put the ip-adress of your broker, and a username and password of the broker. If you installed the mosquitto add-on, it is the address of your HA.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the help … I was able to use this IR by finally connecting to HA and removing the annoying Smart Home app. Now I have integrated it into the home assistant and I am understanding how to manage it to control the air conditioner in the room. Thank you so much for the help that has been invaluable

611/5000

Here I am again, then I integrated mqtt into HA and then I associated the doocoler r1 perfectly recognized now in HA with the tasmota firmware. I installed smartir from hacs but now the ir device does not seem to dialogue with the air conditioner. I tried all the codes present (unfortunately, however, I saw that Daikin is only manageable by Xiaomi and Braadlink even if it is strange since before integrating it into HA with the smart life or tuya app I was able to control the air conditioner) what other solution to try ? is there by chance to read the frequency of the IR remote control? thank you in advance

You open the tasmota console, you point your remote at your ir bridge and press a button. You should see something like :

05:16:01 MQT: IR_bridge/tele/RESULT = {"IrReceived":{"Protocol":"NEC","Bits":32,"Data":"0x00FEA857","DataLSB":"0x007F15EA","Repeat":0}}

Then you can make an automation like :

- id: '1587227266096'
  alias: Adjust  50%
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - entity_id: input_number.slider1
    platform: state
    to: '50.0'
  condition: []
  action:
  - data:
      payload: '{"Protocol":"NEC","Bits":32,"Data":"0x44BBFA05","DataLSB":"0x22DD5FA0","Repeat":0}'
      topic: IR_bridge/cmnd/IRsend
    service: mqtt.publish
- id: '1587227266097'
  alias: Adjust  25%
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - entity_id: input_number.slider1
    platform: state
    to: '25.0'
  condition: []
  action:
  - data:
      payload: '{"Protocol":"NEC","Bits":32,"Data":"0x44BB728D","DataLSB":"0x22DD4EB1","Repeat":0}'
      topic: IR_bridge/cmnd/IRsend

2 Likes

Hi, I tried to bring the remote control closer to the IR and this is the answer I get when I press the ON / OFF button:

08:20:44 MQT: tele / tasmota_DD1FC0 / RESULT = {“IrReceived”: {“Protocol”: “DAIKIN”, “Bits”: 280, “Data”: “0x0x11DA2700C50000D711DA27004200005411DA2700000934003F0000066” 0 “,” " { “Vendor”, “Daikin”, “Model” - 1 “Power”: “On”, “Mode”: “Auto”, “Celsius”: “On”, “Temp”: 26, “FANSPEED” : “Low”, “SwingV”: “Auto”, “SwingH”: “Off”, “Quiet”: “Off”, “Turbo”: “Off”, “Comfort”: “Off”, “Light”: " Off “,” Filter “:” Off “,” Clean “:” Off “,” Beep “:” Off “,” Sleep ": - 1}}}

So you can use this in an automation :

- data:
      payload: '{“Protocol”: “DAIKIN”, “Bits”: 280, “Data”: “0x0x11DA2700C50000D711DA27004200005411DA2700000934003F0000066” 0 “,” " { “Vendor”, “Daikin”, “Model” - 1 “Power”: “On”, “Mode”: “Auto”, “Celsius”: “On”, “Temp”: 26, “FANSPEED” : “Low”, “SwingV”: “Auto”, “SwingH”: “Off”, “Quiet”: “Off”, “Turbo”: “Off”, “Comfort”: “Off”, “Light”: " Off “,” Filter “:” Off “,” Clean “:” Off “,” Beep “:” Off “,” Sleep ": - 1}}'
      topic: cmnd/tasmota_DD1FC0/IRsend

an automation? don’t I have to create the card in lovelace?

I don’t know, I know nothing about AC’s or climate_control.

Ok, and the automation you suggested what does it do? turns on the climate at a specific temperature?

It sends what the button on your remote sends. Instead of using your remote, the ir blaster sends it now.

only doubt … because you write:
IR bridge / tele / RESULT
and for me :

08:06:20 MQT: tele / tasmota_DD1FC0 / STATE

and not IR Bridge

That is wat you received. On tele / tasmota_DD1FC0 / RESULT

So to send, you replace tele with cmnd , and RESULT with IRsend, and you remove

{"IrReceived": and the last }

from what you received.

So the resulting automation is :

- data:
      payload: '{"Protocol": "DAIKIN", "Bits": 280, "Data": "0x0x11DA2700C50000D711DA27004200005411DA2700000934003F0000066" 0 "," " { "Vendor", "Daikin", "Model" - 1 "Power": "On", "Mode": "Auto", "Celsius": "On", "Temp": 26, "FANSPEED" : "Low", "SwingV": "Auto", "SwingH": "Off", "Quiet": "Off", "Turbo": "Off", "Comfort": "Off", "Light": " Off "," Filter ":" Off "," Clean ":" Off "," Beep ":" Off "," Sleep ": - 1}}'
      topic: cmnd/tasmota_DD1FC0/IRsend

Only problem with the previous example, because you did not place the received code between </>, the " was replaced with some odd ones : e.g. “Off” instead of “Off”

no no … I have not yet put the automation … I was referring to the fact that in the example you wrote me you had a different answer from mine by pointing the remote control and pressing a button. I wasn’t referring to the last example

Take a look at this topic :

Yes i find it this morning and now i’m reading and posting there … Thank you for all.

When flashing with Tasmotizer model number ufo-r1 ir bridge , only binary tasmota-wifiman.bin from https://thehackbox.org/tasmota/ worked for me successfully. The other [tasmota.bin] that I was using for sonnoff s26 didnt work.

Does IR work with that binary ? I had to use tasmota-ir.bin

I am new to HA. Where exactly do I do this?
NM, I found it.