Tuya Smart Smoke Detector not supported? (TS0601 by _TZE200_uebojraa)

Hi,

A few months back I ordered several Zigbee smoke detectors and also this one:
I am able to add it as a Zigbee device (ZHA) but it is not detected as a smoke detector.
The info that is detected is as follows:

and under diagnostic it shows (hidden):

It doesn’t show sensors or controls like my other Smoke Detectors.

I found that the device is supported by Zigbee2MQTT, see:
https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/devices/TS0601_smoke.html

But I use ZHA.
Is there a way to make this device ‘work’ in ZHA? Can I edit or create some device template for it?

thank you all very much.

Device Module: TS0601
Device Manufacturer: _TZE200_uebojraa (Tuya)

I have the same Probleme here, I bought 2 of them to try how they work. They are recogniced by ZHA
but without any Binding and Reporting.
I am also interested to make the device working via ZHA.
I would be pleased for any sugesstions.
Is there a way to work ZHA and Zigbee2Mqtt in parallel ?

Hi,

I hope to have a solution soon.
I opened a request at GitHub (ZHA) and started working with a custom quirk.
I have the smoke sensor enabled and looks like it is working. Need to do some more testing though.

I will update this thread if I have more info.

I also have these sensors that do not detect smoke after binding with home-assistance. As soon as I remove them from home-assistance, they perfectly detect smoke.
I was installing external_converter tuya.js for the sensor model _TZE200_uebojraa and nothing has change.
In https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt/issues/8893
it says: “_TZE200_uebojraa should be supported in z2m 1.22.1”

Hi,

To add these smoke detectors use the following steps:

1. Create a directory/folder for your custom quirks (for example /config/custom_zha_quirks/)

2. Copy in your local quirks folder the current quirk:
    zha-device-handlers/ts0601_smoke.py at e8a1570203012ba12777fecd18df82ecd1ff4883 · zigpy/zha-device-handlers · GitHub

3. In the configuration.yaml file add

zha: 
      custom_quirks_path: /config/custom_zha_quirks/

4. Edit the file, adding your device like this:

MODELS_INFO: [
         ("_TZE200_aycxwiau", "TS0601"),
         ("_TZE200_ntcy3xu1", "TS0601"),
         ("_TZE200_uebojraa", "TS0601"),
         ("_TZE200_vzekyi4c", "TS0601"),
     ],

Restart HA and pair your device again. Check that the device is loading the quirk and that the device’s signature has changed.

In my case it looks like this after it is paired again:

and also the Sensor appeared

The only thing we didn’t get to work yet is the battery level or just low battery indication whatever the device supports.

The source of this info is:

and

3 Likes

I get it.
Buy, what about the battery? I have the same problem: I can’t get a value for the battery charge.
Thanks

Thanks, apart from the battery everything works, great.

Hi,

also need some help with creating the folder. Because I get an error all the time.

Invalid config for [zha]: not a directory for dictionary value @ data[‘zha’][‘custom_quirks_path’]. Got ‘/custom_zha_quirks/’. (See /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/configuration.yaml, line 6).

The folder itself is created here: /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_zha_quirks
and the .py file is in that directory

I also tried it with “custom_quirks_path: /config/custom_zha_quirks/” same result… :frowning:
Ideas?

Well… Still no idea why it works for you, I needed to use the complete path (/home…) to get it to work. Issue fixed.

Sorry, missed your previous message.

I see there is a ‘.’ in your relative path. I think that’s the issue.

Battery issue isn’t solved.
Tried debugging but I don’t see a unknown id coming by.

Even gave the device to a colleague who runs zigbee2mqtt. He didn’t see anything either. The device didn’t work at all in that config.

I thought the “custom_quirks_path: /config/custom_zha_quirks/” would refer to “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/” as the config folder of home assistant is there. But I needed to add “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_zha_quirks/” to fix that.

But I also gave up on this device. I tested it to generate an alert. The sirene worked, but the state did not change in HA. And the last thing was basically what I was searching for. Any recommendation for another device?

I thought about the Heimann Zigbee. But there are two different zigbee devices and not sure which one is better/newer (@aliexpress)

An update which might be of interest, I bought two of these. I used the quirks file, it paired ok, the test button changes the status in HA, but wafting smoke from a vape didn’t seem to activate it. I took the detector apart to check inside (after a report of a soldering error) and all seemed ok.

I then tested with smoke again and the alarm worked! Basically the smoke sensor has fairly tight shrouding, so wafting smoke through the outer vent holes is NOT enough, it needs to dissipate inside which takes a few seconds longer than one might assume. The sensor unit seems to be a commonly available module, so it’s not a design fault that I can see.

I’m using them in addition to ‘dumb’ regular detectors, which I’d advise for anything of this nature!

It works after I rebooted HA. Initially it showed unavailable in HA

You can give a try to this custom quirk (it also shows the Battery state and the Tampered status), hope that works for you too:

1 Like

Hi,

This custom quirk seems to work indeed. I see the battery status and tampered status (binary input). Not sure if it actually works. We will see in the future ( I had to add the model info, ("_TZE200_uebojraa", "TS0601"),).
This device goes often ‘offline’ (being a dead device), so I’m interested to see if this quirk makes it more stable or if it is just the device that is bad.

thanks, custom quirk works fine

Still working, didn’t go offline anymore

Battery not showing,

I used this file :slight_smile:

Heb je ook de identifier (model info) van het device toegevoegd aan het bestand?
(“_TZE200_rccxox8p”, “TS0601”), .

Als je daarna bij Zigbee info op het pijltje naar beneden klikt voor meer info dan kun je zien of de ‘custom quirk’ daadwerkelijk actief is.