Tuya / Smatek "T6E" and ”S6E” 4-inch Control Panels for CCS (Central Control System) Android-based in-wall 4-inch smart display with touch screen now sold under many different brands

@blakadder after watching your videos and following your tutorial I have three of these panels (Tuya T6E) and one works well enough. Once the second one sleeps after 30 seconds it then fails to respond to wake up and drops off the adb connection. Any thoughts ? Is there a way to reflash to stock firmware so I can retry installing software ?

You can do the emergency recovery procedure Sonoff NSPanel Pro Secrets, Tips and Tricks | Blakadder's Smarthome Shenanigans

1 Like

Does that procedure work for generic Tuya T6E panel as well. I will give that a go, i believe it is going into a ‘deepsleep’ state, is there a way to avoid it. Confused as to why my other panel works…

Hello blakadder, does these emergency recovery applies to the S8E and T6E panel? Because I can’t seems to recover from my S8E panel. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi,
I have that moes panel what Blakadder reviews and as he says there is Bluetooth but not in use and i have seen lots of other brands showing they have Bluetooth. Anyone know is that true and if it’s is there way to to update moes to other os or any other way to enable Bluetooth?
Thank you for any answers.

Sorry for long post and poor English. Not my main language.

You can use Bluetooth by sideloading apps that will use bluetooth just like a normal android phone but it’s not the greatest and doesn’t work with everything

There seems to be a new one now, the P6E with a rectangular screen.

This shape would better suit our normal rectangular switches. In theory, should we be able to use the same hack for these?

I have the T6E and conneted some radiator thermostats to it, but it doesn’t show up in the list only in the Smart Life app. The thermostats works with Zigbee so what am I missing here? Other smart plugs which are connected directly to the wifi shows up on the screen.

It seems I am a bit late to the party here and bought three T6EL - just to find out the the “L” seems to stand for linux… They are the US version (I live in Japan and we also have US format switches here) so the board layout is slightly different, but the hardware seems to be the same. There is even an OTG port, although it doesn’t seem to have any function with the linux firmware.
Is there any chance to flash those?

Is it possible to use the Asia Models in Europe? The Rj-45 port would be a really great feature for us to.

Hello guys,

I’ve bought a T6E panel from aliexpress and now trying to get root access.
Looks like device is locked out and I need to do a magic to get shell access.

I would appreciate if someone can help here :slight_smile:

Hello!
Can you please provide the instructions on how you were able to flash the Rom from the T6E on the NSPanel pro. I really need it!

I’d love to get a wall panel for my HA setup as well =).

Are these Tuya screens the easiest way to get started these days?

Or are there any more open/hackable alternatives out there in 2023?

If we get the Tuya T6E/S6E screen, does anybody know what’s the currently recommended version of this screen to buy?

I saw the below link:

which mentions Android and Linux unbranded version:

This link is for cooperation 1 below :

3 options below for buyers :

Cooperation 1 Tuya version - Choose existing Tuya firmware (incl. Tuya Smart App and users interface, with tuya zigbee).

Cooperation 2 Non Tuya(Plain android/linux) version - We ship you panel with only an underlying android firmware ,but you do users’ interface and APK etc. (For buyer side secondary development, no tuya zigbee)

Cooperation 3 Non Tuya(Plain android/linux) version - We ship you panel with your offered customed firmware or apk file ,but you do users’ interface and APK etc. (For buyer side secondary development, no tuya zigbee)

Has anybody taken apart the Linux version, to see what version of Linux it’s running? How easy is it to update?

Can you switch between the Android and Linux software easily?

Easiest way to get started is to get one of the wall mounted POE Android 10+ tablets that can be found on alibaba

Did you get any further with this problem? i just opened up a pacage with two of these and have the same issue :frowning:

I bought a POE wall mounted tablet with Android

Doesn’t it depend on the use case? A tablet usually costs over $200 and is a bit bulky - whereas if I want a simple thermostat in each room, the NSPanelPro for around $100 seems to be a better fit:

I just bought one and didn’t need to disassemble it to get ADB access - simply “enable developer mode in eWeLink app Device Settings” followed by “adb connect [ip_address]” as described in your useful tutorial…only suggestion I would have is a NOTE at the top to try my steps before taking the thing apart :sweat_smile:

1 Like

“Easiest way” in my mind meant not having to learn what adb is and wrestle with whatever Sonoff or Tuya blocked in their newest firmware.

You mean a note like this one?

Almost - ADB over TCP wasn’t enabled by default (OOTB)…only after executing “enable developer mode in eWeLink app Device Settings” :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve the exact problem with my new control panel not letting me in on the OTG port, seems we have the same device Nexus_4

If you find a fix, like to know how or I’ve wasted a lot of money :frowning:

Roy