Tuya / Smatek "T6E" and ”S6E” 4-inch Control Panels for CCS (Central Control System) Android-based in-wall 4-inch smart display with touch screen now sold under many different brands

Outside of getting the username and password from Tuya, I’m not sure what can be done. It seems there’s no recovery mode or bootloader to exploit either, although I’m no expert.

@blakadder have you had any luck with it? Is there any way to roll back to an older software version without this lock?

yes I had luck with it, thats how I wrote the instructions

1 Like

I need help troubleshooting whats wrong with my Moes T6E. After some time it disconnects from HA with no updates on the frontend cards and if I toogle something I get the error “Failed to call service … connection lost” before it autoconnects again.

EDIT: Caused by the wifi AP.

Are there any reliable ways to make sure you are buying the Android versions of the T6E and S6E units rather than the newer locked down Linux variants?
When I look through the Aliexpress (etc) pages in some instances they mention Linux but not always. Even if I use the links provided on @blakadder blog they still seem unclear about the version.

I would appreciate any AE links or similar where people have successfully purchased the Android versions recently.

1 Like

Did anyone had success with this device and care to share how ?

Hello, author;

Thanks for your concerning on my company Smatek.

My name is Shiny Luo, International Business Manager of Smatek Electronics Limited (www.smatek.com);

1. Our 4" Smart Home Control Panels T6E & S6E are based on Tuya platform:
    T6E is with EU/UK/UAE back base
    S6E is with Asian back base

2. Our 4" Panels don’t support Alex

3. We also have 10" 8" 6" Smart Panels on selling, pls find attached my latest brochure for your review.

4. Apart from those basic requirements, we can also consult and implement your specific requirement as a custom application.

Any further interest, welcome to contact me any time:

SMATEK ELECTRONICS LIMITED
Add: No. 1501-1506, Building 1, Wanting Building, No. 2009 Baoyuan Avenue, Baoan District, Shenzhen,China 518102
Mob(Wechat/whatsApp): +8613728752243 | Skype: luoszchina
Email: [email protected]

1 Like

Yes, you are right :grinning:

Did you buy our T6E? Pls send me S/N, I will push new version for your OTA update

Hi all, I was thinking of buying a tuya t6e, but I find a lot of people is complaning about ABD being blocked. Is that true, or which one should I buy in case I still want to go with it? Any think to take into consideration?

Thanks in advance

So cool you get In touch with the deep diy community.

Anyway. If you can answer a one question I have wondering. Is it possible to use wires to a Relay bord and setup a can bus connection to control the Relay’s?

What I am after is that I want to have a way to controlling lights when networks going down.

So wire it directly I can come around with only need electric power.

Best regards.
From a dir builder that building 2rooms for my kids.

Better fix your network so it doesn’t go down.

Mr Blakadder,

Were you able to bypass the ADB password on the newer Tuya units? I haven’t found any instructions for those so far, and the one I have is resisting all efforts so far… although I did get an older Sonoff panel up and running very rapidly thanks to your site! Thank you!

What are “newer Tuya units” since there’s more than one?

I thought I was ordering a T6E, but I seem to have received a TPP01-Z(EU) Smart Control Panel S.

I thought it was still running Android, since it appeared to respond to ADB (the adb shell command gets the response “Tuya login:”), but the Internet seems to think it runs Linux of some sort, and I don’t know enough about Android/ADB/embedded Linux to understand how that might work.

Thanks in advance for any pointers or assistance you can provide!

That one is locked down and I didn’t investigate it further since the hardware is worse than on T6E

OK, thanks anyway. I’ll have to see if I can get some of the old ones or the Sonoff again.

Then the ADB is just blocked on the linux ones, is the android one going fine with the ADB?
@blakadder

It did when I wrote the guide

I also bought the Avatto T6E (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005906086740.html) and seem to have fallen into the same pit here… It runs “Linux” and can’t connect to it via ADB… I tried the usual Android tricks how you enable developer mode (tapping the system version 8 times), but that just gets it into a test mode; still no ADB with that.

So 100€ for the bin, sad :frowning: Still listening in here if somebody has success in getting access to these and flash them :frowning:

Bit more context which device I have:

• Backpanel says:
    • Smart Control Panel S
    • Model: T6E
  • PCB says: TPP01-Z_V1.0.4
  • When hooking it up via USB, Windows device manager lists it as TuyaIotModule
  • adb devices -l lists it as 10011471800147 device product:occam model:Nexus_4 device:mako transport_id:6
  • Refuses to connect via adb using adb connect <ip>, simply times out

So the really important thing is for the T6E to run android and not linux?
With Android it will be fully opened?