Tuya v2 does not refresh states of entities

same here, updated to 2021-12-10 and no issues

It’s January 2022, most recent HA updates applied, Tuya cloud project authorised for status updates and i have the same error as those above. I regret buying Tuya devices, deeply. Their platform is rubbish and it is a time consuming and painful task to get the simplest of things working. In short, Lovelace device status does not update for Tuya devices. I recommend anyone starting out to look for any other iot platform solution.

2 Likes

I also have to say the problem is back again, the status of the devices is not updated, and the devices do not respond, only way is to refresh end reload the integration.

1 Like

same issue. anyone??

same here - has been working but states are updating randomnly. If i check smartlife the state is correct. In Ha if i reload tuya integration this will update the state and will work for a while - or sometimes it won’t. I have an automation running at the moment to reload tuya integration, however this is also hit and miss as unless i have it reloading constantly I will not get real time triggers from sensors etc.

yep is even wort then before, as now reloading the integration is not working constantly

I used to use the LocalTuya integration (GitHub - rospogrigio/localtuya: local handling for Tuya devices), but I recently decided to clean up some things and choose for the native sollution since it had a complete overhaul in V2. But I get no or very limited response on the state of the entity / entities. I’m thinking about going back to LocalTuya unless there are known upcomming changes that anyone knows of that will fix this?

1 Like

Same issue with statuses not showing properly…all over again.

1 Like

core-2021.12.10 same issue.
In official Androud app is all fine and refresh very quickly (Power W). In HA problematic many version ago. Restart the integration usually help for some time / days. I tested automatization to restart the integration every 15min as wrote @appels it works. but it isnt solution, especially for socket with measuring power consuption.

1 Like

At the moment for me, sometimes it doesn’t update the status but most of the time it does.
But… it should always work! Not sure if it’s a Tuya issue or a Home Assistant issue.
Anyone have an idea ?

What does your Tuya app say?

My Tuya phone app tells me my pool pump switch is ON.
My HA Tuya switch state tells me my pool pump switch is OFF.

The pump is ON.

The HA Tuya switch state is just woefully unreliable.
Sometimes it correctly updates the switch state, many times it does not.

I find the HA Tuya switching itself to be reliable - the switch is turning on/off based on HA switching logic I have set up just fine. It’s just the reporting of the switch state which is unreliable.

Finally I moved to LocalTuya, all is fine and workng perfectly. so I sugest all of you to delete Tuya app and install from Hacs the Local version

1 Like

Now it gets worse, Tuya sockets independently switch off. What is even stranger is that the state change is not updating in History. In Tuya app the socket is off, in HA it remains on. This is worse than the inaccurate and random state being reported on Lovelace, it’s the history page - making my automations and states completely unreliable. One Tuya switch turned off on its own for 10hrs and it was my fridge socket. Can anyone recommend a better, more reliable and professional supplier/brand? I’m thinking it’s time to throw away all my Tuya devices and start over.

1 Like

Any documentation on how to do this? I might try it out in the weekend.

I have not checked what the state in Tuya is, I will do so next time I notice it.

For me, when the sockets switched off for no reason the Tuya app state changed to off, Home Assistant reported still on. For info, my Tuya cloud project and services are configured as they should be. As mentioned I also have the added fun of false states being reported on Lovelace (and History). No logs help clarify. Contacted Tuya support, will report back if they have any clue what’s going on with their random switches and states. If there is a process for getting HACS version I too would welcome documentation.

1 Like
1 Like

Every time I read about it I get lost in the instructions and put off any such attempt.

Hey,
I also tried to move to Local Tuya.
I installed the Integration via HACS and I got all my Local Keys ans stuff from the Tuya IOT website.
Just as described.

When I try to set up my Plugs and Lightbulbs with the Local Tuya integration in Home Assistant I don’t get the dropdown menu. It is empty.
And when I try to configure them manually in the configuration.yaml I only get an error.

Do I have to delete the Tuya v2 integration to get this work? Does Home Assistant not allow these two to coexist?
At the moment I did not try, because if it’s another problem I had to do all the configuration again :smiley:

Thanks

The 2 integration can coexist, I deleted the Tuya official once everything was working fine.

I do not understand what you mean when you say the drop-down menu is empty.

For me the only problem was to find the local key, but when I found out how to get it all was quite easy, no need to configure manually the configuration.yaml, I could manage all via visual interface