Tuya ZigBee plug turning itself off

Tuya haven’t been that helpful really, but the vendor is still conversing with me over the issues. One potential ray of hope though - In the Tuya app you can ‘remove and wipe data’ for a device, and I did that with a few plugs, then re-paired in Z2M, and so far they are staying on! I will wait a few more days, and update on here again.

So it looks like I’ll need a tuya hub to sort this out.

If this turns out to be a solution, yes. The Tuya hubs are only around £15-20 I believe, then the app is free to use.

UPDATE: This didn’t work, the plug still switched off, even with child-lock on:
Another thing to try if this doesn't work, is turn on the child-lock (in latest Z2M edge build) and see if that stops it switching off. I am also testing this one in parallel with the wipe-data test.

I have exactly the same problem,
I openend a new topic for this, (i over looked this one) topic
But above story is the same for me, random turning off.

The vedor has asked me to send a plug back for testing, so that is underway now.

I think I discovered the problem. My plug turns off when Voltage is higher than 250V. In the winter there was no problem, but now when Solar plants are producing more power the voltage increases and the plugs turns off… Unfortunately calibrating voltage to -10 did not helps. Anyone has any ideas how to solve that?

i got the same problem.
plugs with fm 1.0.4 works fine, but with fm 1.0.10 randomly turns off. :frowning:

I have 3 of these. 1 randomly turns off. 1 if fine and another I had to get refund as it wouldn’t turn back on. The one that turns off will be fine for weeks unless I knock it or unplug it leading me to believe there’s a hardware issue rather than zigbee.

Ok, so I did some more tests. For me, it isn’t a rise of voltage to 250v for the 1.0.10 plugs, it is a short power cut (brown out) that does it. Every time they go off, my voltage drops to 0v for a few seconds. The power restore feature doesn’t work in these cases, and they stay off.

I think a rise to 250v may have the same effect, as the plugs will go off due to overcharge protection maybe.

direx1, perhaps knocking the plug has the same effect as a brown out, ie. a very short loss of power.

Also, when they won’t switch on, it can be because the child-lock feature is on, and you need to press it a few times to unlock it.

Oh, you are right, my plugs that shuts off, has 0v drops in the history. The plug that works, never drops to 0v.

I have checked my system, I see the same thing as you, When the history shows a 0V also the plug turn of at the same point of time. So basicly when 0V is measured the thing turn off. I will contact the seller about this.

Where can i see which firmware i have?

I checked it with the smart life app. So i have a zigbee hub connected to the smart life app, and in there i see the firmware and i would be able to update in there. But the says its uptodate, for both versions.

Options for downgrade the firmware???

i just found this one → Update Firmware-Tuya IoT Development Platform-Tuya Developer

Anyone else get them from Elivco Official Store ?

I got my plugs from the haozee Official Store

0v again: (5 times today)

and

So its 0V for about 7 seconds.
Have made and automation that switches it back ON, and counts the number of times it does it,
5, times OFF and ON again in that 7 seconds.
ON and OFF state:

So it almost looks like then the plug measure 0V that is automaticly switches it OFF.