TZE200_myd45weu TS0601 with ZHA error (TUYA model)

Hi,

A few days ago I bought a “ZIGBEE Plant Monitor Outdoor Soil Temperature Meter Moisture Humidity” to create a system for irrigation my garden.
I inserted it into the ground, connected to ZHA immediately, but every 20 sec it sends other settings on the humidity side, I reconnected it, then it stopped sending at all, now overnight I removed the batteries, and reconnected again , it sends the same information every 20 sec but with 2 different data, what’s strange is that the temperature sends it every x hours, and the battery status the same, only the humidity is a problem, and honestly, I don’t need it to send every 20 sec a status :), any ideas how I could solve it?

and the log:

“data”: {
“ieee”: “REDACTED”,
“nwk”: 15185,
“manufacturer”: “_TZE200_myd45weu”,
“model”: “TS0601”,
“name”: “_TZE200_myd45weu TS0601”,
“quirk_applied”: true,
“quirk_class”: “zhaquirks.tuya.ts0601_sensor.TuyaSoilSensor”,
“manufacturer_code”: 4417,
“power_source”: “Battery or Unknown”,
“lqi”: 18,
“rssi”: null,
“last_seen”: “2023-03-21T09:20:02”,
“available”: true,
“device_type”: “EndDevice”,
“signature”: {
“node_descriptor”: “NodeDescriptor(logical_type=<LogicalType.EndDevice: 2>, complex_descriptor_available=0, user_descriptor_available=0, reserved=0, aps_flags=0, frequency_band=<FrequencyBand.Freq2400MHz: 8>, mac_capability_flags=<MACCapabilityFlags.AllocateAddress: 128>, manufacturer_code=4417, maximum_buffer_size=66, maximum_incoming_transfer_size=66, server_mask=10752, maximum_outgoing_transfer_size=66, descriptor_capability_field=<DescriptorCapability.NONE: 0>, *allocate_address=True, *is_alternate_pan_coordinator=False, *is_coordinator=False, *is_end_device=True, *is_full_function_device=False, *is_mains_powered=False, *is_receiver_on_when_idle=False, *is_router=False, *is_security_capable=False)”,
“endpoints”: {
“1”: {
“profile_id”: 260,
“device_type”: “0x0302”,
“in_clusters”: [
“0x0000”,
“0x0001”,
“0x0004”,
“0x0005”,
“0x0402”,
“0x0408”,
“0xef00”
],
“out_clusters”: [
“0x000a”,
“0x0019”
]
}
}
},
“active_coordinator”: false,
“entities”: [
{
“entity_id”: “sensor.tze200_myd45weu_ts0601_battery”,
“name”: “_TZE200_myd45weu TS0601”
},
{
“entity_id”: “sensor.tze200_myd45weu_ts0601_soil_moisture”,
},
{
“entity_id”: “sensor.tze200_myd45weu_ts0601_temperature”,
}
],
“neighbors”: [],
“routes”: [],
“endpoint_names”: [
{
“name”: “TEMPERATURE_SENSOR”
}
],
“user_given_name”: null,
“device_reg_id”: “ccac37c5d40226a0faf5f0df731633e9”,
“area_id”: “garden”,
“cluster_details”: {
“1”: {
“device_type”: {
“name”: “TEMPERATURE_SENSOR”,
“id”: 770
},
“profile_id”: 260,
“in_clusters”: {
“0x0000”: {
“endpoint_attribute”: “basic”,
“attributes”: {
“0x0001”: {
“attribute_name”: “app_version”,
“value”: 72
}
},
“unsupported_attributes”: {}
},
“0x0004”: {
“endpoint_attribute”: “groups”,
“attributes”: {},
},
“0x0005”: {
“endpoint_attribute”: “scenes”,
},
“0xef00”: {
“endpoint_attribute”: “tuya_manufacturer”,
“0xef00”: {
“attribute_name”: “mcu_version”,
“value”: “1.0.0”
}
},
},
“0x0402”: {
“endpoint_attribute”: “temperature”,
“attribute_name”: “measured_value”,
“value”: 1100
}
},
},
“0x0408”: {
“endpoint_attribute”: “soil_moisture”,
“attribute_name”: “measured_value”,
“value”: 7500
}
},
},
“0x0001”: {
“endpoint_attribute”: “power”,
“0x0021”: {
“attribute_name”: “battery_percentage_remaining”,
“value”: 180
}
},
}
},
“out_clusters”: {
“0x0019”: {
“endpoint_attribute”: “ota”,
},
“0x000a”: {
“endpoint_attribute”: “time”,
}

Hello, I am also having this issue. Soil moisture updating every few seconds for me also bouncing between 75% and 90%.

I am new to HA, but would be glad to provide any needed information to help with diagnostics.

Another thing I noticed, which maybe be a related issue is that this sensor seems to read quite high.

I have a second sensor which is not bouncing around like this one - it is pegged reading at 100%.This is presumably why it isn’t bouncing, as I think this sensor is programmed to only push an update on some large x% swing in detected moisture, however another different branded sensor I have sitting next to it reads around 80%, which intuitively seems much closer to the moisture in the soil than 100%.

The two areas of investigation to me seem to be around the reporting behavior and thresholds for pushing updates, and then it seems the sensor itself is reading high. Hopefully these can both be rectified with software changes rather than being side effects of the physical design.

Device information:

I have 3 sensors now, same like these models and they doesn’t work well.
Same behavior like you mention, like heavy updating… And now a sensor wrong temperature 51°C ?? Should be around 10…
I did quite a lot of tests and not found a solution yet. In z2mqtt settings you can set a ‘debounce’ for xx seconds that helps to reduce updates but not what I want…
Batteries, alkaline and rechargable same behavior.
It’s a nice sensor but doesn’t work for me…

It is good to know you are having issues with z2mqtt also. I’m integrated via ZHA so this makes me think it might either be an issue with the hardware or perhaps the base integration algorithms for soil sensors isn’t as mature as it could be given how few of these sensors there seem to be.

I have set up statistical graph cards to view the output only showing the mean, and it does seem to produce a plausible graph which gives me some hope that the hardware is actually capable of producing accurate enough results.

It almost seems like the onboard firmware on the sensor should itself be averaging its readings over a specified amount of time, say 1 minute minimum and then only activating the radio early to push an update if the swing is over say 10%. Instead it seems to almost be dumping it’s raw sensor feed directly into HA, which is insane for a battery device.

Attached is an arbitrary 5 minute graph showing dozens of readings.

Don’t give up! I’m playing with the same sensor for over month already - it is robust for me and shows plausible values for both plant moisture and temperature.

Connected over ZHA.

Interestingly, the second device connected over zigbee2mqtt is not recognized at all (addon to HA):

Zigbee2MQTT version
1.30.4 commit: unknown

1 Like

Hello, I have three of them.
Very similar behavior: frequent updates, too high moisture values (bouncing between 80 and 100%).
Did you find any fix for that, or have to scrap them?

Generally, has anyone found a reliable zigbee device for this purpose?

no solution for the moment. Did extensive testing with 5 sensors but none is giving correct values. It’s not 2°C difference… but like 70°C… and soms values doesn’t change.

please also keep an eye here https://smarthomescene.com/reviews/tuya-zigbee-plant-soil-sensor-gxm-01-review/ and also reply to RAUL of possible to create visibility how many people have issues with those sensors.

There are hardware variants of the ts0601_soil sensor, where the new version appears to have addressed the faults experienced with the earlier version.

I have both the old and new versions. The early versions were not fit for purpose for me but I’m pleased to report that I have experienced positive results with the updated sensor.

Info here:

Zigbee flower and plant sensors for soil moisture + light + temperature + humidity? - #229 by HAautobot

maybe we could update the firmware…definitely, I will not buy another one

My understanding is these sensors cannot have their firmware updated remotely, but the new hardware version fixes the issues I experienced and have so far been reliable for me.

Is there any indicator on the unit itself to identify the newer firmware ones?

1 Like

I’ve ordered on from Ali Express as the seller confirmed that their warehouse stock is the latest version. I shall report back once it’s delivered.

1 Like

Hi, i find a Lidll hub, after I connect to HA, say find TUYA if I want to configure, OK, install tuya app, connect in could, this implementation:
Tuya - Home Assistant (home-assistant.io)

and surprisingly, I manage to add the sensor to tuya via Lidl hub, now, in HA, appear HUB and sensor but without any parameters.
Regarding the Sensor how is working via Tuya app, I will come back, now is 50-50% chance to fix…

Nick

I just bought two and they do not appear to be working. Temperatures and Moisture levels never change. I’ve got new batteries in them, removed the batteries in them to restart them, remove and added them from my Home Assistant and nothing seems to be working. Waiting to hear back from the vendor on this. I ordered 3 Water irrigation valves (they shipped 2 QT06_2 and 1QT06_1, the QT06_1 seems to have trouble closing the valve, example I can’t close the valve from Home Assistant by setting the state to closed, not good for automations) and 2 TS0601_soil and neither of the TS0601_soil are working. Not a happy camper at the moment.

I had the QT06_1 and it was junk. Worked OK for a bit, then started ignoring commands, failing to shut either via HA or the physical button press and then just started leaking.

The vendor was responsive initially, but when it became clear that it could be fixed with repairing or tightening, they started ignoring me.

I picked up a QT06_2 from a different vendor and it’s clearly a better revision. There are improvements to the fittings and is much more reliable. It also times in seconds rather than minutes and doesn’t have an issue with timezones in Z2m.

The button can open it, but not close it (you can’t close it with the state either), so I’m considering it defective on that alone and waiting to hear from the vendor. I was using RS485 Modbus Soil Sensors and they work great, but thought I’d try the Zigbee solution as I have a bunch of Aqara devices and love them.

The Soil sensors are working now but I had to put them in a bucket of dirt and move near the receiver. So a range issue. The garden is about 15 meters from the receiver which I thought was well inside the capabilities of Zigbee, but I’ll get a plugged in device which can work as a repeater and see if that helps. The valve is still not working, but I’ll get to that again later.

Let me please add my 2 cents to the off topic discussion regarding QT06_1. I also noticed the same issue when the device “worked OK for a bit, then started ignoring commands, failing to shut either via HA or the physical button press”. I suppose that this incorrect operation of the QT06_1 occurs when the batteries become discharged a little bit. Even if device reports the status of batteries as 100% the summary voltage of 4pcs AA is not sufficient to shut off the latch. I’ve started to use rechargeable AA of 1.5V (it is important to use 1.5V and not 1.2V) as a mitigation. Also I recharge batteries every month despite of the reported batteries status. Rechargeable batteries of 1.5V contain embedded automatic voltage regulator (voltage stabilization) and it helps to overcome drawback of QT06_1. Again – this is a workaround. Next time I’ll ask seller to ship QT06_2 version and will watch for its operation. May thanks for the useful information about QT06_2.

1 Like