Udevd[529]: bind failed: Address in use

This is very bad, restart / reboot takes almost forever
I only run RFXTRX and Zigbee CC2531 with zigbee2mqtt
Deleted the v2.db 3 GB size

Disabled node red

Now my CC2531 with zigbee2mqtt wil not start any more

In the console i see now
cdc_acm 2-2.2:1:0 failed to set dtr/rts ???

Seems that the stick cc2531 was corrupt ?? After flashing again with 20202811 it is running again.

I have problems with deconz from 2021.2.1. It can connect to end devices, but not to router (eg. Bulb o smart plugs)

System Health

version: core-2021.2.3
installation_type: Home Assistant OS
dev: false
hassio: true
docker: true
virtualenv: false
python_version: 3.8.7
os_name: Linux
os_version: 5.4.94
arch: x86_64
timezone: Europe/Rome

GitHub API: ok
Github API Calls Remaining: 4598
Installed Version: 1.10.1
Stage: running
Available Repositories: 751
Installed Repositories: 11

logged_in: false
can_reach_cert_server: ok
can_reach_cloud_auth: ok
can_reach_cloud: ok

host_os: Home Assistant OS 5.11
update_channel: stable
supervisor_version: supervisor-2021.02.6
docker_version: 19.03.13
disk_total: 30.8 GB
disk_used: 20.6 GB
healthy: true
supported: true
board: ova
supervisor_api: ok
version_api: ok
installed_addons: File editor (5.2.0), Samba share (9.3.0), Check Home Assistant configuration (3.6.0), Duck DNS (1.12.4), ESPHome (1.15.3), Grafana (6.0.0), InfluxDB (4.0.1), Log Viewer (0.9.1), Mosquitto broker (5.1), Node-RED (8.0.1), Simple Scheduler (0.16.10), SmartThingsBridge (0.0.3), TasmoAdmin (0.13.1), Terminal & SSH (9.0.1), Visual Studio Code (3.0.3), deCONZ (6.6.5)

dashboards: 1
resources: 4
views: 10
mode: storage
1 Like

Try to reboot complete HW (unplug conbee) and update to 6.7.0. May this relates to conbee firmware.

Unfortunately this issue still occurs with users using the windows desktop app.

1 Like

Updated to 2021.2.3 and still no go for ZWave.JS.
Powered down the VM, unplugged USB Aeotech Gen5 stick and bootet up. Still same error message and addon unavailable as expected. Powered down again
Plugged in USB stick in another USB port in the pc and bootet up VM. Works fine (so far, crossing fingres).
Hope this can help others.

So the only USB item for me was a Wyze Sense hub. I removed it, including itā€™s integration components. I started up from HAos 4.16 backup VDI. Upgraded items one at a time and eventually got down to having only HAs 5.11 remaining. backed up and even copied my VDI. Was running stable, though it was a little slow on startups from a reboot. I rebooted 3 times to verify.

Ok, reinstalled Wyze integrations from HACS and restarted. So far so good. Plugged in Wyze Sense Hub/Bridge (the little white usb brick transmitter with blue light). Restarted per GitHub instructions, and itā€™s been 1hr and has not come up. Headed to lunch and hopefully it will resolve.

So Iā€™ve spent 4 days troubleshooting. I appreciate what everyone is saying, but thereā€™s something amiss.

2 Likes

I think so far we can agree on that something concerning USB devices is triggering this. For me it is starting of Deconz with the Conbee II stick.
I also have an TI CC2531 connected to the same instance which is a test for ZHA. That seems to be working fine.

In the logging I indeed saw the dtr/rts error as well.

1 Like

+1 from meā€¦ deCONZ (ConBee II) in Oracle VirtualBox on Windows 10.

What I noticed, but isnā€™t mentioned yet: When this problem occurs, I hear the Windows USB-disconnection sound in ~2-5 second intervals (but no connection sound).

That is my exact setup, Iā€™m using Deconz dektop app and the HA integration. So my Conbee II is seen by Windows and not the VM, no ZHA.

Got the zigbee2mqtt update so no more UART messages .

But the usb are not there ā€¦ they are not getting thru .

so my c2531 stick is not detected by HA after the OS 5.11 update .

Update hereā€¦So working with the boys over at @digiblur Discord, we determined that the errors were somehow affecting ā€œthe recorderā€. Removed the Wyze USB, deleted the home-assistant.log and a home-assistant_v2.log, and HA restarted in less than 3min. Shocked me how fast. So the error we see on the VM is still there. Plugged the Wyze USB bridge back in and it came up, but all my Wyze sensors will not come up. I donā€™t think those are related, as the Wyze sensor problems are a known PITA. As it stands, I am up to date on my loads and at least workingā€¦very fast I might add.

Now I need to figure out the Wyze problemsā€¦

1 Like

I too am having this issue running on a raspberry pi 3b+. itā€™s taken my system completely offline. multiple restarts and it never comes back up. since I canā€™t get into the web UI Iā€™m kinda of at a loss on what to do.

1 Like

If you have a mini-HDMI cable, connect a monitor and keyboard to the pi 3b+ and try a couple things (based on combined efforts in this thread):

• remove any USB devices and reboot
  • update everything to latest versions, including any addons that are USB device related
  • delete the sensor history database (I donā€™t actually know how to do this from the HA command line)
  • restore some earlier snapshots
  • flash a clean installation on to an SD card and (if working) then restore a snapshot.

Happy for anyone else to contribute ideas

Finally fixed my specific issue! The latest version of Deconz desktop app does not communicate with the latest version of HA. Any Deconz version 2.09.01 and under works!

My Setup:

• W10
  • VirtualBox Ubuntu Install
    Conbee II Firmware26680700 / Desktop App 2.09.01
  • Deconz W10 Desktop App
  • HA Phoscon/Deconz Integration

Deconz Desktop App:

Which one you use? Win10 installation or the embedded in HA via webbroser/vnc?

@teleksterling

delete the sensor history database (I donā€™t actually know how to do this from the HA command line)

go to config folder and delete the home-assistant_v2.db ā†’ reboot

or the right way

go to developer page ā†’ services and recorder.purge

keep_days: 1
repack: true

this not normalā€¦

Thanks! But do you know how to do it from the core command line? I canā€™t even ls or cd to navigate the file system.

I am not sure if this helps anyone but I upgraded my proxmox according to the instructions in

After the pveupgrade I was at least able to start deconz again and the dmesg messages regarding disconnect usb seem to not appear anymore.

However I still the messages below

Also deconz is only partially able to start. No connection to mains powered units yet, only sensors which are linked to the coordinator.

1 Like

if you login via ssh (add-on) you should able to.