Over the last few months i’ve had a lot of success with HA automating my entertainment, electric fire and a couple of laps with sonoff/tasmota all integrated with google assistant all working very nice.
The issue I have now like most of us in the UK is no neutral wire in the light switch, which rules out the sonoff light switches . At the moment i’m leaning towards the idea of using xiaomi, which doesn’t quite fulfill my requirements but I think it’s the closest i’m going to get. So before I commit though I would ask if anyone can recommend alternatives or confirm xiaomi is the best option.
Ideally I would like the following;
- No neutral wire in light switch (This is a must)
- Not cloud based and would prefer no hub
- Keep functionality of the lightswitch (still work if HA fails) and report state to HA if its turned on/off at the switch.
- Pull switch - I have a couple of pull switches i would like to make smart (I may have to do something separate with these)
- Cheap - Paying £40-50 for the mainstream brands is ridiculous