UK WIFI Smart Socket - Screwfix - Testing

Still struggling. Its not liking the bg1 as type.

Hi. Have you set the platform type as custom_broadlink in the config, instead of broadlink? Sorry, I should have mentioned that, and it’s all I can think of. It needs to be a different name so as not to interfere with the native one. This is my configuration:

switch:
- platform: custom_broadlink
  host: 192.168.2.123
  mac: "24:df:a7:aa:bb:cc"
  type: bg1
  friendly_name: "Hall socket"
  timeout: 2

Thanks, that has progressed things. Facepalm moment on my behalf. I now get this error though when running config check.

Platform error switch.custom_broadlink - cannot import name ‘async_setup_service’ from ‘custom_components.custom_broadlink’ (/config/custom_components/custom_broadlink/init.py)

Any idea?

Hi. No idea, sorry. async_setup_service is from the original broadlink integration, nothing I added/changed. What version of HA are you running?

I did install 1st BGsocket together with your custom component today.
Works just awesome, much better than other chinese analogues.
Thanks for your contribution, will probably buy more sockets soon, unfortunate they didn’t make different styles so can’t replace in many places where I used stainless still brushed colour

Do these switches give feedback on status? I.e. when you fire the switch and for some reason the command does not go through, will ha say the switch is on when actually it is off? If you manually turn the switch on/off is this reflected in ha? Afaik, broadlink is 1 direction only?

Completely deleted it and reinstalled an all seemed fine. I do have a slightly different product and was hoping this may custom component may work with but unfortunately not compatible – https://www.diy.com/departments/british-general-smart-plug-through-socket-adaptor-240v/5050765176590_BQ.prd#icamp=SRD_BGSMARTPLUG

I don’t know for sure, but that looks more like the broadlink SP2, which was already supported. Have you tried different “types” ?

I agree, I was hoping SP2, but have tried all the types and none seem to work. Annoying really, the thing was free but if I cant get it to integrate with HA its a bit pointless.

Thanks for this, it’s the first time I have revisited the topic after starting it.

Glad it’s working, I will look at testing mine over the weekend.

Any news on the official component?

Cheers

I actually got a notification that the new version of the broadlink library has been released, so hopefully I’ll get an opportunity to start on a proper PR for the core component this weekend.

nice one, could you update the post when you get round to implementing what you need to do?

Good work :+1:

PR is in: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/33399 :crossed_fingers:

Great work, @b4dpxl! These BG Electrical sockets look awesome and I’m really keen to pick up a few sets, assuming they work well with HA.

After reading through this thread, it looks like they’re well on the way to being integrated - do we know how long it’ll take for the PR to be merged and for a HA update containing the changes to be released?

do we know how long it’ll take for the PR to be merged and for a HA update containing the changes to be released?

No idea, sorry.

1 Like

If I pull the trigger now, does the custom component work reliably enough?

Do these switches give feedback on status? I.e. when you fire the switch and for some reason the command does not go through, will ha say the switch is on when actually it is off? If you manually turn the switch on/off is this reflected in ha?

Sorry, missed this before. Yes, but after a delay. They poll for updates every 30 seconds (I think) by default.

I’ve been running it for over a month now with no issues that I’ve noticed. Controlling both sockets independently via automations.

2 Likes

hello, wondering if anyone could help me setting these sockets up. ive added the custom component made by b4dpxl. everything loads up as normal with no errors but the sockets are constantly saying unavailable. (on the lastest version of homeassistant, updated today)

am i missing something, this there additional bits to add for the component to work?

is there an alternative method to get these working, ive attempted to install the broadlink-mqtt but didnt get very far was just saying that it could not install the file/file not found.

thanks in advance for any help.

Has anyone had any luck getting the plug in adapters to work somehow with HA, either the broadlink component or the mqtt one?