UK WIFI Smart Socket - Screwfix - Testing

Mine setup did work fine for quite a while, about a month or two and recently stopped working.
Now HA shows components in unknown state and in the log I can authentication error from the component.

With them being WiFi-based, there are a lot of things that could cause them to become unavailable. Iā€™d been suffering from the same issue with a TP-Link Kasa bulb and switch. Despite all other devices having really smooth network performance, the history for both devices would show dozens of drop-outs a day.

Needless to say, Iā€™m moving away from WiFi and looking to use ZigBee instead. It may run on the same frequency (2.4GHz) but Iā€™ve yet to see a device go unavailable once paired.

So you had a plug adapter working with mqtt? Can you tell me what settings you used?
Thanks

Itā€™s a good idea to think about ZigBee or Z-Wave except there is no any known analogue of such built in Wall Socket available on UKs market. If you know any - please kindly share with us.

Iā€™m sorry if I confused you but what I say is: I had working HA integration (via custom component and not via MQTT) which used to work and currently dont

looks as though a fix is being worked on looking at this: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/33399

ive seen that there was an issue with the broadlink component as standard so some mods have been made in the latest release.

hopefully these guys can keep up the great work and have a solution soon.

FYI - Apparently these are available for Ā£13 from ASDA at the moment. I might be giving them a go.

Great work! I managed to get it working very easily. I was wondering if I could add multiple socket outlets? I could find the ā€œmaster socketā€ but couldnā€™t seem to add the second one I have installed in the house elsewhere. If could also only find the IP address of this master socket and so couldnā€™t add a duplicate to include the second socket in the configuration.yaml file.

Apparently itā€™s to do with the way they create a mesh network. Thereā€™s some details on how to work around it on the PR here. I only have one socket ATM, so canā€™t confirm but itā€™s working for others. FYI this is a limitation of the upstream Broadlink library, not something we can address.

Anyone got multiple double sockets working? From reading the github comments above looks like they might have a way to get it working? Something about getting it working in HA with google integration but not via the app. Iā€™m a complete newbie with HA but reading about all this as I am moving house and wanting to get all this setup in my new house hopefully.

So whatā€™s the status of it now? Iā€™ve just bought 2 of them, because iā€™ve been impressed by the quality, but canā€™t get them working for some reason, neither via mqtt or custom_broadlink
Iā€™m using hassio with HA, so do i have to do anything, or just add sensor as custom_broadlink ?

Sorry but I feel really stupid here, I am pretty new and cant work this out. Could somebody please give me step by step instruction on how to get this integration working please?

I have added the repo ā€œhttps://github.com/b4dpxl/custom_broadlinkā€ under Supervisor but am stuck as to what to do after that.

Ok, I got it installed and the entities show up but both switches are showing unavailable. I guess we just need to wait for the PR to be completed?

Got one of these today for testing and installed the custom_broadlink component from b4dpxl and its showing as unavailable in Dev Tools.

- platform: custom_broadlink
    host: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
    mac: "XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX"
    type: bg1
    friendly_name: "BG_Socket"
    timeout: 5

Current Firmware: v57053

Any suggestions?

Does anybody have a working plug in adapter setup yet? Still not sure if this only works for the double sockets?

I have noticed that the bg1 device is now included in the master python-broadlink, so Iā€™ve been playing around modifying the latest HA broadlink component to support the BG800/900. Iā€™m still testing before I submit a PR, but if anyone wants to give it a go in the meantime then I can upload the files.

Can you run me through how you set your BG1 up with the standard Broadlink integration please? I couldnt get it to work

Do you have access to your host system? If so here are the files I modified - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DhqZtXlHteT_zsSKEZSEeF6PVmvsyJ1f/view?usp=sharing

Copy them into /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/broadlink and restart home assistant.

Note* Iā€™m using 0.116.2

Thanks. I will have a look after work.

Thanks. That worked. Had to use Portainer to get access to Homeassistant OS and paste the file contents into vi files. Then setup via integrations and it came up that I had to reset the device, and not complete the install on my mobile. Did this and the device is now visible. Had a few network timeouts within the first 10 minutes, not sure if this will continue. Turned switch on and it turned back off in 5 seconds by itā€™s own, obviously didnā€™t get a response back.
Can I now setup the mobile application, or not, and just use HA? Donā€™t mind that really.