Unable to connect to home assistant by some unknown reason

some time home assistant web UI and all other add-on services will be unavailable for example MQTT, ssh, and FTP but I can still ping my home assistant server but all my MQTT devices disconnect from the server and I can’t access the web UI after that I need to power cycle the home assistant and the same scenario will be repeated please help me

1 Like

how is HA installed? Debian/docker…proxmox…,.raspian…etc?

Home Assistant OS on raspberry pi

also, I noticed something strange my CPU and memory are running at more than 75% minutes which happened after I updated the supervisor and the home assistant core to the latest version

I see the same issue after the upgrade from 2021.1.1 to 2021.1.4. With the older version, I was able to connect at any given time to the webui of home assistant. Now with the newer version, it fails most of the time and the same happens with the mobile app.

What I noticed also is that the device is no longer broadcasting the hostname homeassistant.local. If I use a network scanner to see which addresses are known, then I see the following hostname: ochinssprd.ochin.org (points to the static ip of the Raspberry PI3).

1 Like

in my case maybe after 30 minutes, the WebUI is unavailable and most of my addons stop working but if I ping my home assistant IP 192.168.0.102 there is no problem! but nothing work until I manually power cycle the server Screenshot_2021-01-03_08-23-37|690x387

In your 30 minute window following a hard reset - have you tried disabling some add-ons ?
Do you have a backup ?

I recently install zero tire one addon now I disabled it and I am waiting for the crash/problem

the same problem again the CPU and memory above 40% and 70% respectively and addons are stoping such as node-red web UI is very slow to load and etc. maybe its all about hardware issue