Unable to get a new install of Supervised HA on Docker

I have a 120GB ssd with HA supervised working on a Raspberry Pi4 8GB, but for some reason I am unable to install any updates from 2023.7.3 to 2023.8.0 and further.

After trying various ideas to get the system up to date but to no avail, I thought I would start a new install on a separate drive. I have tried about 15 times or more installing Debian 11, Debian11 bullseye, Debian 12, Debian 10 and more, all various 32bit and 64bit configurations and the stumbling block comes when I get to installing home assistant, the errror is either this operating system is not supported by home assistant or other errors that indicate that the installation is not going to succeed, a typical error as follows :-

`Preparing to unpack homeassistant-supervised.deb …
[warn]
[warn] If you want more control over your own system, run
[warn] Home Assistant as a VM or run Home Assistant Core
[warn] via a Docker container.
[warn]
[warn] ModemManager service is enabled. This might cause issue when using serial devices.
[info] Fix kernel dmesg restriction
Adding ‘diversion of /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf to /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf.real by homeassistant-supervised’
Adding ‘diversion of /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/default to /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/default.real by homeassistant-supervised’
Adding ‘diversion of /etc/docker/daemon.json to /etc/docker/daemon.json.real by homeassistant-supervised’
Adding ‘diversion of /etc/network/interfaces to /etc/network/interfaces.real by homeassistant-supervised’
Unpacking homeassistant-supervised (1.5.0) …
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of homeassistant-supervised:
homeassistant-supervised depends on systemd-journal-remote; however:
Package systemd-journal-remote is not installed.
homeassistant-supervised depends on systemd-resolved; however:
Package systemd-resolved is not installed.

dpkg: error processing package homeassistant-supervised (–install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:homeassistant-supervised`

I just wondered if it is the case that the supervised istallaion is depreciated already and now not possible. I use 1wire and GPIO of the raspberry pi so it is not going to be practical to go to a standard HA core install, I will keep on trying other ideas but if no joy, I will be stuck on the last workable update 2023.7.3. I just wondered if anyone else has had the same problems thanks

Looks like you already stumbled at the pre-requisites step

Thanks for spotting this I was following instructions from— https://peyanski.com/how-to-install-home-assistant-supervised-official-way/ ---- as I did a couple of years ago on the system I have running at the moment. I will give this a go and report back

IMHO, those random tutorials on Internet tend to “deprecate” quite quick, as they are rarely updated.
The best course of action is to follow to official documentation first, then look in random tutos if something is not clear.

As promised I have tried again but no joy so far - I just thought I would let you know that I have tried a couple more time on the new ssd that arrived today.
I got the message - Unable to locate package systemd-resolved ( when I added this to the dependencies)
I followed this guide { Guide: How to install Home Assistant supervised on Rpi4 with RaspiOS (64 bit) - October 2022 } but no good, do you have any up to date guides as to how to install supervised on RPI4? Thanks for your time

If you follow< this guide, you will have a working supervised install:

Thank you for your replies , I managed in the end to install supervised home assistant on Debian 12 (thank you Francis) however soon I realised that this would not allow me to use the GPIO and 1wire, this is important to me as I prefer to use wired connections. And after reinstalling and trying different methods I found a workaround to install Home Assistant Supervised on the now unsupported Raspberry Pi.
I have documented my procedure to help anyone else in this situation.

I installed fresh install on a Raspberry Pi4 8GB from Index of /raspios_arm64/images

I then used -
sudo raspi-config
and enabled GPIO and 1Wire
and saved
sudo reboot

I have put together a list of terminal entries that I did - please note that one or two of the steps I took to correct the network error may or may not be necessary.

DATE 10/09/23
TO GET HOMEASSISTANT SUPERVISED RUNNING ON RASPI4 AND USE GPIO/1WIRE
WHICH IS UNAVAILABLE ON DEBIAN 11/12
I USED OLD SETUP TO BYPASS THE UNSUPORTED HA INSTALL
THAT NOW SEEMS TO BE IN PLACE - THIS IS WHAT WORKED FOR ME

YOU CAN THEN UPDATE AND FIX ERRORS

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y

sudo apt install apparmor jq wget curl udisks2 libglib2.0-bin network-manager dbus lsb-release systemd-journal-remote -y

sudo nano /etc/systemd/resolved.conf
THEN ADD
(DNS=192.168.1.1 #or what ever your router is
DNSStubListener=no)
THEN SAVE ctl+x THEN y

sudo curl -fsSL get.docker.com | sh

sudo wget https://github.com/home-assistant/os-agent/releases/download/1.3.0/os-agent_1.3.0_linux_aarch64.deb

sudo dpkg -i os-agent_1.3.0_linux_aarch64.deb

sudo reboot

sudo wget https://github.com/home-assistant/supervised-installer/releases/download/1.0.0/homeassistant-supervised.deb

sudo dpkg -i --ignore-depends=systemd-resolved homeassistant-supervised.deb

sudo reboot

HOPEFULLY YOU ARE UP AND RUNNING WITH ERRORS

TO FIX NETWORK ERROR – ignore first and last() –

sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces

THEN PASTE
(source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback)

THEN SAVE ctl+x THEN y

sudo nano /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/default

THEN PASTE
([connection]
#id=Supervisor default
#uuid=b653440a-544a-4e4f-aef5-6c443171c4f8
#type=802-3-ethernet
#llmnr=2
#mdns=2

[ipv4]
method=auto

[ipv6]
addr-gen-mode=stable-privacy
method=auto)

THEN SAVE ctl+x THEN y

sudo nano /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf

THEN PASTE
([keyfile]
unmanaged-devices=type:bridge;type:tun;driver:veth

[logging]
backend=journal

#[connection]
#connection.mdns=2
#connection.llmnr=2

#[connectivity]
#uri=http://checkonline.home-assistant.io/online.txt
[connectivity]
uri=http://checkonline.home-assistant.io/online.txt
interval=600
[device]
wifi.scan-rand-mac-address=no)

THEN SAVE ctl+x THEN y

sudo raspi-config

THEN GO - Advanced Options
THEN GO - Network Config
THEN ENABLE - NetworkManager ‘yes’
sudo reboot

TO FIX CGROUP AND AAPARMOR ERRORS

sudo nano /boot/cmdline.txt

THEN PASTE AT THE END OF THE TOP LINE
(apparmor=1 security=apparmor systemd.unified_cgroup_hierarchy=0)

THEN SAVE ctl+x THEN y

HOPE THIS HELPS