Unable to load the panel source: /api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js

Interesting idea! What sort of relays have this functionality?

Any Sonoff switch running Tasmota. Invert relay and set PulseTime.

Maybe I am barking up the wrong tree here. I had the issue seen in the first post:
“Unable to load the panel source: /api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js”

So I googled and found this long thread and I see that there are a lot of posts starting from Feb/March. So I thought this could be when a lot of people started working from home. I then realized I had connected my VPN to work and after disconnecting, the homeassistant page loaded automatically.

This was a solution for me. Maybe helps someone else.

Thanks,
Thomas

Thankyou!
This works flawlessly.
You saved a lot of my time.

I found this issue happened when my 16GB SD card became full.
Not sure why its full but I used SD clone software to clone it and then restore to 32 GB SD, powered RasPi3 back on with 32 Gb and all the issues I was having were gone. I only had 2 snapshopts. I am not sure what was consuming the space but it was an easy fix with out a reinstall and reconfigure.

Maybe there is a problem with your database not being purged correctly, so it slowly fills out your SD (I’m just theorizing, if this is the problem I don’t know how to solve it)

It happened to me before but now it is happening again after updating Supervizor.
Running HA on a Pi 2.
Wanted to upgrade to 0.107 but can’t currently access the pages…Restarting or stopping from HA also doesn’t work…

Many thanks, worked like a charm after migrating from Hassio OS (0.112.4) to supervised Raspbian Linux 10 (buster) 5.4.51-v7+ with Home Assistant 0.118.4 (Supervisor 2020.12.2) installed by instruction.

Originally, after copying over contents of the supervisor dir into /usr/share/hassio/ , supervisor couldn’t open with the app/entrypoint.js error, complaining on Can't read /data/addons/git/53caca22 and 4 other such addons. So I did the steps, and prior to starting up the supervisor service I deleted the dirs under hassio/addons/git/ .

Then, after thinking about 20 minutes, home assistant started, and supervisor worked fine right away, same as most addons/integrations, including Sonoff-LAN, zigbee-mqtt, mosquito-mqtt, mpd. Surprisingly, all the switches, sensors and automations just worked. The only issue was with Lovelace vertical-stack entry (removed that).

This was a long journey, I couldn’t get to finishing the migration for about 3 months.

Other useful commands were:

ha supervisor info
ha supervisor logs
docker logs hassio_supervisor
# show docker containers and IPs
docker inspect -f '{{.Name}} - {{.NetworkSettings.IPAddress }}' $(docker ps -aq)
sudo shutdown -r now

the following worked

sudo su
docker pull homeassistant/amd64-hassio-supervisor:latest
docker tag homeassistant/amd64-hassio-supervisor:latest homeassistant/amd64-hassio-supervisor:latest
systemctl stop hassio-supervisor.service
systemctl start hassio-supervisor.service
1 Like

Same error and same fix for me incase anyone else comes across this.

ha core rebuild

4 Likes

perfect thnx :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is the third time I have the same problem.
My PI model 4 crashes at least once a week. And until now only during the night

This is the third time I had exactly the same strange “semi crash”

• No automation was done this morning

• But I could connect from my PC to my PI and I could login. In the overview menu, I could even manually set some lights.

• But I could not open any other menu than “overview”. I received the next error message when trying to open other menus. For the logging menu, Red-one menu, supervisor menu …

Error received: Unable to load the panel source: /api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js

When I tried to read the temperature sensors, It shows indefinitely “loading state history”

• So I powered off/on my PI

• After reboot, I could see in the “history” that the temperature measurements stopped at 01:40 this nights.

The measurements stopped for my KNX AND for for my Zwave devices.

• After reboot, the log file is always empty. Which means it’s difficult to find the reason. It should be better if the log file retains the information for 5 days (doing an append)

I confirm, ha core rebuild fixed the issue !

For silly poeple like me who did not activated SSH : just plug a screen & keyboard on you device.
User is root without password.

This morning my RPI4 has crashed again.
No connection possible with Supervisor, nor with Samba
So I did a power off/on.

Some minutes later, while I was investigating the log files, I had again this problem. I could only open the overview menu and I could even turn lights on/off. Opening other menus were giving the known error "/api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js

So a second power off/power on in not even one hour.

I typed “ha core rebuild”.

I hope this will fix the problem.

I had again 2 “semi-crashes”; which means that the following changes did not work:

1. “ha core rebuild” -> does not help. Still a crash last week

2. stopped the recorder function to write to SSD card -> does not help. Still a crash this morning.
    I added this to my configuration file
    recorder:
    db_url: ‘sqlite:///:memory:’

Hi all.
This morning, after i upgraded Home Assistant Supervisor to the latest version: 2021.03.1, I got the error message from the subject when I try to open Supervisor.
Also when i try to access my Snapshors fron cli, i get this error message:

iotstack@nuc-i5-1u1:~$ ha snapshots
Get "http://supervisor/snapshots": dial tcp 172.30.32.2:80: connect: no route to host

I found an old entry on GitHub Home Assistant Supervisor with the same issue, but the item was closed by @ludeeus. So i opened a new issue there:
http://supervisor/host/reboot: dial tcp 172.30.32.2:80: connect: connection refused · Issue #2687 · home-assistant/supervisor (github.com)

But if someone here has encountered this error, please let me know what i can do to solve this.
Kind regards, Bert
EDIT: I am running Home Assistant Superviced (Docker) on an Intel NUCi5, with Ubuntu 2020.04 TLS.

1 Like

did you solved?

Since updating Supervisor from 2023.4.1 to 2023.6.1 yesterday I see

• almost all supervisor integration entities unavailable
  • supervisor pages (logs, addons, addon-store, addons) not loading at all (white page), taking ages or presenting Unable to load the panel source: /api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js with [*1] in the HA Core logs
  • other entities being unavailable even they are not directy related to the supervisor

[*1]

Logger: homeassistant.components.hassio.http
Source: components/hassio/http.py:75
Integration: Home Assistant Supervisor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 21:10:08 (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 21:16:44

Client error on api app/entrypoint.js request Connection timeout to host http://172.30.32.2/app/entrypoint.js
Client error on api app/frontend_latest/entrypoint-G81gb268sps.js request Connection timeout to host http://172.30.32.2/app/frontend_latest/entrypoint-G81gb268sps.js

Also found this seems to be a common issue existing for a quite long time, looking e. g. at Unable to load the panel source: /api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js for all add-ons · Issue #3918 · home-assistant/supervisor · GitHub.

Will try to restart Core/reboot the whole system (HA OS) hoping to get rid of this. Otherwise I’ll try to downgrade supervisor using the CLI.

Rasp 4
HASS-OS

I have the same problem after trying (unsuccessfully) to update from 2023.12.4 to the 2024 version.
At first it tried to update for minutes. At some point it stopped without any messages and the available update disappeared and is still at 2023.12.4. And now I cannot access Add-Ons menu and Add-ons. Errors here, errors there…
And the connection to the Home Assistant is no longer possible.

Well, actually I’ve only had problems with HASS-OS from the beginning, although I haven’t done anything great with it.
Not even installing addons worked without any problems. And I used only 2(!) addons. Each time I had to click Install, Reload, Install, Reload, Install several times. At some point after a reload, the addon was suddenly there.

I’m fed up. I’ll be using my Raspberry 4 for other things again. Home Assisant OS reminds me a lot of Nextcloud.

I had the same problem with Pi3’s and 4’s. I switched to the Blue when it came out and haven’t had a problem since.

-Mike