[Under New Management] Interactive history explorer custom card

1 Like

hi @HeyImAlex and thanks for the great card!

I too would like to get back the default climate view - can you clarify how to add the override you mentioned?

Thanks!

In a dashboard with the card configured, add the following to exclude the climate domain:

type: custom:history-explorer-card
cardName: historycard-57231452
infoPanel:
  exclude:
    climate: true

This will also override the climate in history info panel if you have enabled it globally.

thank you @mterry63

the problem is that this is happening outside of the history-explorer-card but in any other where I’m consulting the graph view of a climate.

I realised now this happen only in Safari but not in native IOS app…

Once I configured it in a card it applies to all use of the history explorer, not just the configured dashboard.

1 Like

thank you - unfortunately it won’t solve it.

It work in any browser except safari - I tried clearing cache and event restarting HA.

Sorry, can’t help there. I’m not an IOS user.

1 Like

I love this History Explorer card. Very powerful.

One thing i cant figure out, how to invere the reading from a entity.

Ole

Did you try to deactivate and activate again on this special browser? Because the panel-settings-activation is per browser/device.

You mean to display below the 0-line? Use scale.

type: custom:history-explorer-card
graphs:
  - type: line
    entities:
      - entity: sensor.speedtest_download
        name: Download
        color: '#F03A3E'
        fill: '#F03A3E22'
        unit: Transfer Speed (mbps)
        scale: 1
      - entity: sensor.speedtest_upload
        name: Upload
        color: '#003C9E'
        fill: '#003C9E22'
        scale: -1

hi @arganto - not sure what you mean I don’t use browser mod?

the ‘funny’ thing is that in Safari - this basically replaced any history graph… e.g. this is the Tesla style power wheel:

On the card, where you have defined the infopanel (did you define it perhaps on more than one card?)

And then enable again. Not related to browser_mod.

This setting is per browser/device.

ahhh thanks!!! so if I disable it then it’s will be disabled overall, not in the defined history-explorer-cards - but if I enabled it again, it’s enabled everywhere (any history graph even outside the history-explorer-card).

I like the history-explorer-card a lot, I only wish I could use the standard graph for climate - given that history-explorer-card it’s disaplying the state of the climate and not a graph of the temperature.

And for exactly this requirement you can exclude domains in the defintion of the panel-replacement. And how to do this has been shown to you above in the post from mterry63 already.

Again, you can use the history card

• with a card of type: custom:history-explorer-card and

• as a replacement for the more-info card. For this you have to define infoPanel: in one of your cards. And there you can maintain, how the replacement of all more-info-card is shown. And there you can exclude domain, set colors, etc. And in this card, you have to enable this replacement in every browser/device.

thanks a lot @arganto for taking the time to explain once again. I had it set but there was indent error in my infopanel section, hence why it was not working. By clarifying it you made me double check and I found it! it works great now!! Thanks!

You’re welcome. But please don’t ping/@ users here. See community-rules as well. Instead use reply of the post you want to reply instead of thread-reply as you did now in your last post. Then the users get a notification as well.

2 Likes

I’m learning the ins and outs of HA for a couple of weeks and stumbled on your work just now. What a relief to be able to dive into the history of my sensors thanks to this great solution. Thanks for your great work!

Unfortunately
“The Y axis can also be interactively modified. Pressing and holding the SHIFT key will unlock interactive zooming and panning of the graph in vertical direction.” is not available on smartphones and tablets. No mouse available :sweat_smile:.
Would there be a solution to that? Something like a two-finger hold to scroll and zoom or so?

V1.0.45 is out ! Lots of small fixes and QoL improvements in that one:

• When auto refresh is enabled, the graph scroll position will now follow the new data as it comes in on the right side, the same way the native graph does. When you start manually dragging the graph into the past, the auto scrolling will be suspended (so the thing won’t jump around while you inspect older data). Once you scroll back to the current date or into the future (empty space on the right), the auto scrolling will resume as needed. You can also click the date selector button to quickly jump to the current date and time. This will also resume the auto scrolling. To use this feature make sure auto-refresh is enabled (it’s enabled by default on info panels, see here on how to enable it for the normal card). @habitoti

• The date selector previous and next buttons will now scroll a month at a time when you are viewing a time range of a month or longer

• Double clicking the date selector will now restore a custom time range if you set one with defaultTimeRange and / or defaultTimeOffset. If none of those are defined, it will restore the default 24h view. Note that single clicking the date selector will jump to the current date and time without changing the zoom level.

• Individual entities in line and bar graphs can now be hidden by default using the hidden property, both for dynamic and manually defined graphs. See the advanced YAML example in the readme. This doesn’t work in info panels, as it wouldn’t make much sense there.

• The history DB is now accessed over the websocket API, which improves DB fetching performance especially on longer time ranges.

• Considerably improved total_accumulating bar chart rendering speed, especially if you use small time intervals (like hourly) with long time ranges. Scrolling such graphs is a lot smoother now !

• Added Danish and Swedish translations, thanks to el97 and dykandDK for contributing them !

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums.

Well yeah. There are many potential ways to implement this on touch, all with their respective pros and cons (long press and drag, two finger gestures, new button and mode, force press, etc). This would require the implementation of multiple methods and comparing their UX. Unfortunately I don’t really have the time for that right now. But maybe in the future. Right now the full data analysis experience targets a PC/Mac with mouse, touch supports a more basic feature set.