[Under New Management] Interactive history explorer custom card

Thanks for your reply.
The ‘basic’ mobile feature set is already very impressive, no doubt about that. Good to know that you keep this 'nice to have ’ option open.

I just want to say that this card is awesome. You’ve created a masterpiece here of configuration and performance. Thank you for all your hard work!

was this reported already? not sure if its caused by 2023.4 beta new z-index in the dialog, but look what’s happening to the lock:

Mar-31-2023 07-13-16

It’s been like that since the lock was added. I barely use attributes myself, let alone an amount that would lead to this window to actually scroll like that. So I never noticed. Feel free to open an issue on github about it. It’s purely cosmetic though, functionally it’s going to behave normally.

Great card, super functionality and super nice layout…
I am trying to create a stacked bar, any ideas?
I can only create 2 or 3 bars next to each other but not on top (type: bar)

Hello all!

I am trying to add styles via card mod and I am not into programming. In the past I always used and changed codes I found online.

For design purposes I am working with picture-elements as a panel card and overlapping elements (pictures). Now I would like to add the history explorer card but I have to move it with the parameters top, left, right, height and width.

How do I need to setup the styles section if I want to move the whole card around?

Thanks!

hello! beautiful card! thank you
please i would like to know if can i limit the time dropdown on the upper right only for 1H / 6H / 24H / 72H

Thanks a lot.
Regard
F.

Stacked bar charts are not supported at this time.

You would need to add a hidden attribute to the option tags you want to remove in the html generated by the card. I would guess something like card-mod could do this, but I have never used it myself.

In several of my stacked cards I use history explorer card to display data for only single sensor and from the rest of the card it is obvious which one it is. So the question is if it is possible to disable the legend? It just takes screen real estate and in such particular case is redundant information. I tried to find some info… but with no success.

I think the show_names option is what you want. I have a graph of the stream rate from a TV tuner that I show in an entity row card and don’t show anything but the graph using this:

type: custom:hui-history-graph-card
show_names: false
entities: 
  - entity: sensor.tuner_1_stream_rate

Yes and no. The card uses this feature internally to hide the legend in the more info panel, but it’s not exposed in the yaml. Would make sense to expose it I guess. It’s only one line of code.

@pkscout, not the same card :wink:

1 Like

Sorry. I swore that was the right card but had a different name because I was using it in an entity row. But looking through the GitHub readme for this card, I was clearly wrong about that.

Hi Alex, thank you for this great work!
I would like to use the bar-chart mode to display the absolute values of some entities, not incrementally.
It’s possible?

At this time the bar charts are only for total_increasing entities, showing accumulated values over time.

Feel free to create a FR on Github. The idea would be to add this as a visual representation option to the existing line mode without affecting its data processing. Maybe as an additional option to the current line interpolation modes (curves, lines, stepped, bars, maybe points too) ?

is this H-E card, or Frontend 2023.5 beta…
popup is black? No scale either

Works fine on 2023.5.0b5 here.

yeah, its back.
don’t know why that was.

although I did update from b4 to b5 now

Alex, if you mean that I have to create a pull-request and collaborate on the development then I think it’s difficult; I think I don’t have the expertise to do that.
Anyway, thank you for your trust… :slightly_smiling_face:

First Time, that I see that Pull-Request spells Full-Request. :wink: Perhaps compare to Feature-Request.