Unfolded Circle Remote 3

So this is weird. Unfolded Circle just announced a Kickstarter for a new Remote 3, while many people are still waiting for their Remote 2 preorders to arrive. Progress is great, but it seems like they are jumping the gun a bit.

If you have the Remote 2, are you very happy with it? Would you consider the 3? I had been considering the 2, but now I just might put myself on the waitlist for the 3.

The 3 is the same core hardware with a few minor cosmetic updates (e.g. hard key layout).

I have my remote 2 set up and it’s ok but I still prefer using my own HA dashboards made for a tablet.

It is good for my house guests though.

If they ever get the voice assistant working that may be more use to me.

Is that for general automation use or for AV kit / channel surfing? I find a tablet or phone really awkward to use in that case and love to have the buttons!

Not sure what you mean by “general automation use” It’s a remote. It manually controls things. Automation happens in the background without user input (generally).

So yes all of these can be manually controlled from the remote or my dashboards:

• Blinds
  • Climate
  • Lighting
  • Media Players

I don’t watch much TV and I certainly don’t channel surf but if I did it could easily be done from my dashboard:

Screenshot 2024-06-16 at 09-21-05 Overview – Home Assistant

As in controlling household devices rather than specific AV control. So those dashboards are what you have on your tablet rather than the remote? What do the remote screens look like?

1 Like

Thanks for that.

Making icons reminds me of the bad old days of the Philips ProntoPro - which I probably still have in the loft somewhere.

Mine replaced a Philips Pronto TSU9400.

There are a few built in icons. Not enough though.

Blimey, you had that running for a VERY long time then. I really didn’t like the Pronto much, wasn’t ergonomic at all.

Hi Mike,
I believe that most of the Final Orders for Remote 2 were shipped by 6-NOV-2023.
So ALL Customers should have received their parcel by now.
See Update 42 Below - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/marton/remote-two/posts