UniFi Protect Blueprints

Fixed. I forgot to update the device class on the selector after we added a custom one for HA core.

1 Like

Thanks for the blueprints. It works really good. One thing that could be useful if clicking notification can open stream. Is this even possible? I am using iOS

The easiest way to do this would be to have the presence filter set in your blueprint, but create a separate automation that is triggered by time which turns on and off the automation created by your blueprint in Home Assistant.

Hey guys,

ich have an Unifi Doorbell pro an with the Doorbell Notification i got only the Picture from the Pakage Camera!? Any chance to switch it to the main Cam?

And can you integrate the option to launch a App on the Phone (Android)?

Thanks!

Rockhound

Not related to the blueprints. Both camera entities should be exposed. Make sure both HA and UniFi Protect are up to date for latest stable and you have RTSP enabled for both channels. If you are still having problems, use the official issue tracker.

Use the Lovelace View option in the options and make sure you enable a mobile push notification target.

Hi an Thanks für your reply.

In your blueprint i can only select one Entity (the Doorbell Pro), but i cant select ohne of the Both Cameras.

I make 2 Pictures to show this in your blueprint and in the Device section.

All Apps and Firmwares are up to Date!

By the way, i can open the Protect app on the Phone wehn i put this link in Lovelace View: app://com.ubnt.unifi.protect

I hope you can help me with the Cam Problem.

here the Cam entitys:

Screenshot 2022-04-21 092045

and for the Package-Cam:

Screenshot 2022-04-21 092103

Ah! My mistake, I forgot how my own blueprint works. I forgot it automatically selects the camera entity to use based on the device. The package camera is not the first entity on the device for me so it does not happen to me. I will have to update the blueprint to exclude the package camera entity.

EDIT: Should be fixed now.

And you mean the a way to open the UniFi Protect app. Sorry, that is not going to happen.

• There is no way to open directly to a specific camera inside of the app.
  • There is no way make a link to an app that is cross platform (works for iOS and Android). I had this same issue with the Telegram notifications
  • The whole point of using HA is to not use the UniFi Protect app because it is slow and requires Remote Access to be enabled. If you want to open the UniFi Protect app, use the UniFi Protect notifications (or you can fork the blueprint and add it in, just for Android).

Hi an thanks für your quick fix for the Package Cam, now it shows me the right one!

The Link to the Portect App work for me, but your right, it tooks some Time to open, when im not in my W-LAN.

Unfortunately I have another question:

Is it possible to add to the Smart Detection Notifications blueprint that notifications come between certain times, even though I’m at home? At night I would like to be informed if someone sneaks around the house.

Thanks in advance

You can use another automation to turn it on and off automatically using the automation.turn_off / automation.turn_on service.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I have the next problem again:

I have selected “google_translate_say” as the TTS service and get the following error message:

Logger: homeassistant.helpers.script
Source: helpers/script.py:661
First occurred: 19:48:22 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 19:48:22

Error in 'choose[0]' evaluation: In 'template' condition: UndefinedError: 'dict object' has no attribute 'data'

And:

Logger: homeassistant.helpers.template
Source: helpers/template.py:1840
First occurred: 19:48:22 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 19:48:22

Template variable error: 'dict object' has no attribute 'data' when rendering '{{ (wait.trigger.event.data.action == unlock_action or wait.trigger.event.data.data.endswith(unlock_action)) and lock_entity_id != '' }}'
Template variable error: 'dict object' has no attribute 'data' when rendering '{{ (wait.trigger.event.data.action == silence_action or wait.trigger.event.data.data.endswith(silence_action)) }}'

Any ideas to fix this?

thanks

What type of Lovelace view are most people using for these blueprints?

A view with all of your cameras? Or hidden ones with an individual camera?

I’m trying to find a way to click into the notification and have it start playing the live feed without additional clicks. Curious what’s the preferred method for this.

Thanks for this! I was messing around with this. Would actually love to see links to blueprints like this on the integration page itself. I saves so much time searching for things like this.

I have a VPN set up which makes the app ignore the remote connection. Sadly, this only works if you’re connected via Wi-Fi. If you’re not connected via Wi-Fi it’ll use the remote connection regardless if it can access the local one. I’ve placed a request to get that fixed, but I’m not getting my hopes up.

I am missing a bit to send a notification to my speaker group announcing someone is at the door. I’m going to yam it in this one, but if people like the option I can try and update the blueprint with it.

I made one for the doorbell specifically. I set it up so it’ll start a live feed right away. I also added a small sound board for quick responses and a button to open the protect app in case I need to talk back.

If there isn’t a rush, I use the protect app to view since I’ll need the history most of the times to see what the dog did. :sweat:

1 Like

Not allowed. As an integration creator, I am not allowed to link to my own blueprints from the Integration docs. Make a feature request for integrations official making and supporting blueprints. I will definitely upvote it.

The blueprint is not really design to let you use multiple URLs. You should always use the publicly accessible one if you have a publicly accessible URL (Nabu Casa or similar if you set it up yourself) or you should always use the internal one if you do not. I have mine setup manually so the public/internal URLs are the same, but only camera_proxy and Webhooks is accessible publicly. So I can get notifications with images and the actions work, but if I want to view the cameras, I have to be on local WiFi or connected to VPN.

Interesting, thank you for sharing. Are you using the WEBRTC viewer or standard version for the live feed?

That was always on my todo list to do, but I would much prefer if it was a separate blueprint. You can copy the existing one and then remove the other alerts, but the existing one is specifically designed for interacting with the notify service.

Looks great, is there any plan to support opening gate (cover entity) in addition to lock in the doorbell blueprint? That would be really useful for me.