Unifi Protect New Animal Detections

Could we please have the newly released detections in v2.11 of Protect ?

HA 2024.2 added the audio detections so the new ones below would be great:

• Added support for Animal Detections
    * G4/G5/AI series: cat, dog, cow, sheep, horse, deer, bear

* Added support for new Audio Detections, including classification and event filtering:
* G4/G5/AI series (with mic): baby crying
* AI series (with mic): speaking, car horn, car alarm, glass breakage, barking

* Added support for Vehicle Type Classification and event filtering
* AI series (except 360): car, van, truck, bus, motorcycle, bike, SUV

* Added support for Vehicle Color Classification and event filtering:
* AI series: black, blue, brown, gray, green, orange, pink, purple, red, white, yellow

EDIT: I see they were added to pyunifiprotect yesterday so hopefully this will be added

Classifications are not possible because they are not provided until after the event ends. That means there is no way to display them in Home Assistant.

@AngellusMortis
I see the change in pyunifprotect in version 4.23.3. The current Homeassistant core version from 2 days ago is still version 4.23.2.
When can I expect Homeassistant to upgrade to the new version?
Can I perhaps upgrade myself locally to 4.23.3?

@AngellusMortis
I see that animal detection has been added to the Protect APP. And I also receive push notifications. Is it perhaps possible to display animal recognition now? Or the option of having this displayed via the push notification route.

If you do not like the rate in which features get added for the UniFi Protect integration, you are welcome to make the PRs yourself. Otherwise, realize that I maintain the integration in my own personal free time and stop pinging me.

2 Likes

Sorry if I came across as a bit rude. Actually it was just intended as a question. But I still appreciate it when people do this work in their free time. Unfortunately, I don’t have any knowledge of how to program it. Anyway, thanks for everything.

1 Like

Just wanted to say thanks for your work on this! Very excited to add a night time automation which turns our sprinklers on for 30 seconds when the deer start eating our veggies - no more midnight raiders and i get a video recording of the surprise to boot!

Would love an automation if my neighbors cat comes into my yard turn on sprinklers for 1 min