Universal Solar Inverter over Modbus RS485 / TCP custom_component (AlphaESS, Growatt, Sofar, SolaX, Solinteg, Solis, SRNE, Swatten, TIGO TSI & Qcells Q.Volt Hyb)

Sounds like they are in the wrong position. Hard to tell without seeing.
They should be placed immediately after your Energy suppliers Meter.

Iā€™ll ask the guys who have installed it if itā€™s intentional or why is it like this. They still have to come again to install the wallbox which they didnā€™t get on time for the installation.

Hmm, however, sensor.solax_grid_import shows the correct value (the total energy flow on all 3 lines), currently around 1000W, which is strange, why wouldnā€™t it show the voltage then? But Iā€™m not exactly an expert in the field so I might not understand everything fully.

Also, now I have batteries discharged and there is no PV power since itā€™s night and the inverter is in Idle mode, I now canā€™t switch the mode of the inverter (if I e.g. wanted to charge batteries from the grid through manual setting), not even using the solax cloud, it just says the setting has failed. Is that normal?

When batteries are flat and the Sun has gone to sleep the Inverter goes to sleep.
You need to set a charge time prior to the Inverter going to sleep.

Or restrict the discharge so you have enough power to keep the Inverter awake to make a change during the night.

Oh I see, ok. Still learningā€¦

If for example you have a cheap night tariff 01:00 - 04:00.
Set your charge window to 01:05 to 03:55 incase the clock gets out of sync.

Even if you battery goes flat at 12:30. You Inverter will still charge at 01:05

@Dusy98
Plug the Inverter into your main Network and plug the PI into the same network.
Itā€™s not meant to work directly connected.

Ok so I have tested that with PocketLAN (v3.0) modbus does not work (returns connection refused, while cloud connection works).
Whatā€™s more, the Pocketwifi did not properly wake up in the morning before I tried the PocketLAN and modbus did not work (it was closing the connection immediately upon connect on port 502/tcp), wifi reconnection from the wifi network side did help, so at least I did not have to physically reset the inverter or plug/unplug the pocketwifi adapter.
However cloud connection did work so it did not die completely, just the modbus part.
It seems that connecting the modbus via modbus/eth converter will really be the only way to go.

@wills106 Regarding the voltage, I just realised that CT clamps can not directly detect voltage, can they? That might be the reason why I canā€™t see voltage but can see powerā€¦

Hi!

Do you know if it is possible to control Solax Inverter X3-Hybrid-10.0-D AND Smart EV Charger X3-EVC-22K(PXH) through single Modbus Waveshare RS485 to RJ45 Ethernet adaptor?

Right now I have Solax devices connected together through COM port (I expect Inverter became master and control charger). But once I attach Waveshare to inverter COM, is it possible to connect there also charger?

All those changes are related to fact, that my Wifi dongle v 2.5 was replaced by PocketLAN 3.0 and I canā€™t access data and control invertor anymore. I know that it could be solved by using PocketWifi dongle (with opened 502 port), but I would like control it through modbus since it should be more stable.

Thanks for any hints

Hi all,
I have a Solax SK-SU5000E running Mainboard version 25, Charger version 80 and Manager version 21. I am having issues with export control. I can set a value to 0W in HA or the front panel but the inverter does not enforce the setting and pushes what ever is available to the grid, maybe a firmware update will fix this?
If anyone could send me updates to the firmware to see if this is the cause of my issue, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your help.

Since I updated this I can no longer change the charge times for the battery (x1 hybrid)ā€¦ anyone else seeing this?

Has anyone been able to remote control the Sofar me 3000 sp battery inverter to control charging times ? Does anyone have a setup that I can use ?
Iā€™m able to set the integration up, but I can only see following itemsHA_sofarsolax

When pushing one of the buttons, I get following message: Failed to connect [ModbusTCPClient(192.168.X.X)

Any help would be appreciated !

Kr,

Bart

@weemaba999 Looks like you didnā€™t change the plugin to sofar or sofar_old and you are using the solax one GitHub - wills106/homeassistant-solax-modbus: SolaX Power Modbus custom_component for Home Assistant (Supports some Ginlong Solis, Growatt, Sofar Solar, TIGO TSI & Qcells Q.Volt Hyb)

Hi there,

Thank you so much for this and the write up.

Iā€™m having trouble with only being able to see 4 entities, I have read through all the posts regarding this:

I have set the static IP on my router and in Vircom, I have checked the IP in my browser and have full access, I have reset the device and router and it keeps the same ip address

I have changed the port to 502

I have changed it to Modbus TCP protocal

I have changed the Baud rate to 19200 and check the inverter setting to make sure this is correct

In advanced setting I have changed it to simple modbus to TCP and RTU

In HA I have changed the polling to 10

Selected Parallel Mode as I have my inverters in parallel

Input the ip address exactly as I get access to it through a browser

TCP port is 502

I have rebooted HA, and power cycled the batteries.

But still only 4 entities, any idea what Iā€™m doing wrong here?

Removed the interegration etc and re added but still only 4 entities.

Also noticed in Mliti-Host Settings that RS485 Conflict Time Gap should be set to 0. Changed that but still not working.

Changed the IP address closer to the HA ip address by 1 digit. To account for " the IP address is configured in the same network segment."

But still only 4 entities.

Changed the HA configuration to point at the pocketwifi and 256 entities came up instantly.

How do I get this to work for Modbus?

Hello, I have problems with writing to registers. I have Sofar inventer HYD8KTL- 3PH and I use sofar plugin. When I changed Battery minimum capacity in HA or Time of Use Charge SoC to different level after while it changed back to previous level. HA shows logs:

023-11-30 13:20:17.284 INFO (MainThread) [custom_components.solax_modbus.number] writing FVE time_of_use_charge_soc number register 4388 value 73 after div by readscale 1 scale 1
2023-11-30 13:22:04.645 INFO (MainThread) [custom_components.solax_modbus.number] writing FVE battery_minimum_capacity number register 4173 value 50 after div by readscale 1 scale 1
2023-11-30 13:22:09.250 INFO (MainThread) [custom_components.solax_modbus.number] writing FVE time_of_use_charge_soc number register 4388 value 84 after div by readscale 1 scale 1
2023-11-30 13:23:01.529 INFO (MainThread) [custom_components.solax_modbus] read_error : FVE cannot read holding registers at device 1 position 0x1029
NoneType: None
2023-11-30 13:23:01.530 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.solax_modbus] assuming sleep mode - slowing down by factor 10

What is the correct procedure for the change of Battery minimum capacity or Time od Use Charge SoC?

I have started to document Sofar here Sofar Modes of Operation - WIP - Homeassistant SolaX modbus integration That list the more complicated ones where you need to send them in a sequence.

Thank you for your quick answer. Sequences works and time or power are able to change. But battery entities does not have any button to send sequence. For example:
select.battery_active_control, number.battery_minimum_capacity, number.battery_minimum_capacity_offgrid, number.time_of_use_charge_socā€¦
Is it different procedure for these entities ?