Universal Solar Inverter over Modbus RS485 / TCP custom_component (Growatt, Sofar, SolaX, Solis)

Sorry, a little late, but yes, this resolves my issue. Thanks!

1 Like

Any Growatt owners?

I have just released 2023.03.2b8 Are you able to see if it detects your Inverter and returns entities?
I have added in detection for SPH Inverters. If you get an error it can’t detect you Inverter can you provide feedback. I will need the start of you firmware version and Inverter type.

There is no write support yet, it’s just set to read from the Inverter until more testing has taken place.

yesterday I watched this: the system was some hours offgrid. When on-grid again the SolaX EPS Yield Today shows 4,1 kWh (this is ok). But the SolaX EPS Yield Total jumped from 21 to 63 kWh. Why ? 21+4,1 should result in 25,1…?
(my inverter is the X3-hybrid10 G4)

There’s possibly a scale issue on one of the EPS sensors.
There hasn’t been much feedback so far on EPS.

I’m on version 2023.03.01 and just updated from Home Assistant core 2023.3.5 to 2023.3.6, now all my SolaX entities are unavailable. I have the following log entries:

unrecognized inverter type - serial number : unknown

13:05:01 – (ERROR) SolaX Inverter Modbus (custom integration) - message first occurred at 12:40:17 and shows up 2 times

SolaX: cannot find serial number, even not for MIC

13:05:01 – (ERROR) SolaX Inverter Modbus (custom integration) - message first occurred at 12:40:17 and shows up 2 times

SolaX: reading serial number from address 0x300 failed; other address may succeed

13:05:01 – (WARNING) SolaX Inverter Modbus (custom integration) - message first occurred at 12:40:17 and shows up 2 times

SolaX: reading serial number from address 0x0 failed; other address may succeed

13:05:01 – (WARNING) SolaX Inverter Modbus (custom integration) - message first occurred at 12:40:17 and shows up 2 times

After deleting the integration and installing it again with the same settings I have only 4 entities (button.solax_battery_awaken, sensor.solax_inverter_temperature, button.solax_unlock_inverter & button.solax_unlock_inverter_advanced).
Anyone else experiencing problems after this update?

yes me too mate, facing the same issue. I updated HA yesterday to 2023.3.6. Solax entities all gone now.Captured my concern in below thread:

Have either of you tried rolling back to the last known working version of HA?

My versions :

I have not encountered the issue you have though. Are you using Beta Solax Modbus integrations?

No, I am not using beta version.

i also see this on my x1 7.5D

values are linked for like few seconds then de-link when next change comes in. Annoying and werid

I might try a rollback tomorrow, haven’t done it yet because only the SolaX integration is affected.
I’m not using the beta version of the integration either.

@HVG @Manu-J are you using a Pocket WiFi v1 or v2 by any chance?

No, my X3 Gen3 is connected via the LAN port.

I would double check your Inverter IP address incase it has changed?
I’m still on HA 2023.3.3 at the min, I’ll update and see if I lose connectivity.

I’m on HA 2023.3.6 now and everything is still working fine using the built in ethernet.
So I would double check the IP address hasn’t changed. If it hasn’t I would power cycle the Inverter.

Its V1 wifi version.

Hi, I double checked my IP. Using REST I can get all data. But integration is failing now. As I said the system is communicating with Inverter, but returning only 4 entities

When you refer power cycle the inverter, did you mean turning system on and off?

@Manu-J
The early Pocket WiFi is unreliable with Modbus. It either works, works intermittently or not at all.

The Integration isn’t communicating with your Inverter, if you only get 4 entities the Inverter isn’t returning the serial number.

I actually meant that for HVG. I don’t know if it will help in your situation or not…
But yes turning the Invert fully off.

Update:

Wola: I did a full inverter shutdown and powerup. Now all entities are appearing back.
Also by the way my dongle is WIFI v3 vesion.
Thanks for your help

The IP hasn’t changed, after a power cycle the entities are back - thank you!